I was wondering how "

by booker-t 3 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
  • booker-t
    booker-t

I was talking to a man who was trying to get me to believe Jesus took his body back to heaven(bodily reserrectioner) and he would focus on some misapplied "proof text". His favorite passage was Act 2:31 where Luke says the world would be judged by a "man". He argued that this was written many years after Jesus returned to heaven and this proves Jesus is a man of flesh and bone. In 10 seconds I totally caused his house of cards to crumble when I asked him to explain how Jesus(as a man) is going to battle Satan and the demons(who are powerful spirits)? The bible tells us man is made lower then the angels so I asked him is Jesus lower than Satan and his demons? This man fumbled and fumbled and he tried to go to another passage. But I wanted him to stay on point. I showed him the many passages in the bible in the NT where Jesus is called the "Lamb" in Rev and this was written years after Jesus returned to heaven. I asked him is Jesus an animal in heaven. He cried out "no this is symbolic" I then asked him is Jesus also symbolic in Rev. How can you say parts of the verse is symbolic and parts is real. Either Jesus has a body of a Lamb or Act 2:31 does not prove anything. And then I showed him Galatians 1:1 and asked who is Paul an apostle of? Galatians says Paul is not an apostle of a man but of Jesus Christ. So either Paul was lying to the Galatians about Jesus' nature or there is an error in the bible at Gal 1:1. Because if Jesus is a man in heaven then Paul was in total error.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So, what was the goal? What were you trying to show him? That Christ was not transformed into a spiritual body upon his return to Heaven?

I'm reading this scripture to mean that while he was on Earth, Christ as a fleshly human did not participate in corruption.

Were you arguing about whether Christ was God?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Luckily for everyone who wants to find proof texts, between symbolism and literalism and vagueness, the Bible can be made to say anything at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit