Another night, another JW dream

by MrMonroe 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Such a ripoff when you dream you're back at the damn meetings. I once dreamed a local (rather liberal-minded) elder, Jack Hoogendoorn, was smoking a cigar while he was giving a talk on the platform.

Last night I was back there again: one elder who suddenly decided he was going to be "encouraging" gave me the latest stats on baptisms, while someone else I was meant to go witnessing with was not-so-subtly probing me about how many magazines I'd been placing lately. I chose not to tell them I had decided against placing mags any more. This, for me, is at least some progress: my dreams now clearly have me on the outskirts of the organisation, rather than deep in it.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I rarely remember my dreams but will wait to see yours as you post them! So interesting!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Nightmare not dream!

just saying

eyeuse2badub

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I had a dream last night, oddly enough, and there was a "car group" coming to our house. My dad said, "oh great, here they are". I said, "no problem I'll handle it." They came to the door and clearly were new in the cong cause I hadn't seen them before. They started in on how selfish people are and not caring about others. I countered with, "well, I have found that most people I dealt with in business were actually very supportive and kind." Then they went on the bash the world in general. I countered with, "I think that society goes through cycles just like people do. Its immature and harsh when a new generation starts to take over and kinder when they get some life experience. It has always been that way." They were not happy and left. Now that's a dream come true!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Interesting. My best friend has many jw dreams/nightmares since leaving. I feel so bad for her as they leave her quite drained.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Mr "M", That is pretty funny. Dreaming an Elder was smoking a cigar on the platform. lol

Last week I dreamed I was at an assembly, and my ex was giving the talk. I was sitting on the stage with my new husband and our daughter to be interviewed. My "new" husband always gives the baptism talks at the DO, and I am not interested in him, that way, at all. I must say though, in his behalf, in real life, his wife always seems happy and contented.

LL (not Bean)

• wanderlust
    wanderlust

Funny. I recently had a dream that I was attending a meeting or assembly (can't remember) and I didn't have any books with me. No song book, no bible, nothing. This is a recurring dream for me that I seem to have perhaps once a year. I usually don't have any books with me and feel a little bit of anxiety and embarrassment.

It reminds me of another recurring nightmare that I have that I am back in college and a half a semester has passed and there are one or two classes that I have completely forgotten that I signed up for. I panic because I have to catch up on 8 weeks worth of work that I missed and the deadline to drop a class has passed :( LOL

I guess these sorts of dreams center around high anxiety periods in one's life and being a JW was definitely one of those for me...

• not bitter
    not bitter

I've been out for 20 years but I dream quite regularily that I'm on the ministry, at assemblies or meetings.

I don't understand why after all this time

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, it happens when I somehow backslide into the jokehovians--or I find my own home being used as a base for field circus. I have had dreams where I was in field circus, usually poorly prepared. And I have had dreams where I was at a boasting session inappropriately dressed--blatantly so at that (no pants). Then, I usually find myself wondering how I somehow managed to get here in the first place, and struggling to not go back. However, it is (dream-wise) frequently back and forth, much like someone trying to quit smoking. Rarely do I remember anything cohesive from the platform, but with the new kingdumb maladies, I get that sinking feeling that I am going to be learning one of them from just that one exposure.

Of course, that is only a dream--as long as Saturn stays in Scorpio. I am fully aware that, the last time Saturn was in Sagittarius, I got two calls into the jokehovians (the second the one that got me in), a call from born-agains, and I read the Dianetics book (scientology) seriously. As the angels are testing the coast on the keeping the opposite sex out of my life issue now, and Satan hasn't done anything about that issue, I worry about will being forced back into the washtowel (probably on the "baptism is a legally binding contract" pretext) will be the next thing as soon as Saturn hits Sagittarius. If the coast remains clear on the opposite sex issue for joke-hova now, I know that, come December 24, I might find myself out in field circus, at a boasting session, or having a hounder or the dingbat that dragged me into the cancer last Saturn-Sagittarius transit forcing me back under the contract-breach pretext. And at that time, it will NOT be "just a dream".

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is quite common to have dreams about going to the meeting and out in service. If I am in service I am trying to figure out how to get away. I can remember dreams where I have given talks, been asked to say a prayer. I have had long conversations in my dreams with people I remember. It is surprising how much usless knowledge is stored in the recesses of my brain and only comes out when I dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit