New Atlanta Assembly Hall Has raised 3.4 million Dollars... GONE

by James Jackson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@ADCMS: Retratction re "Listen, pay, and be pissed"

You a right of course, I repent in dust and ashes.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

!.4 Million pales into insignificance when I do some simple arithmetic.

Don't get me wrong, many bro's are becoming more disgruntled globally

and it's sad their plans are being shattered.

However, based on the average contribution of some nearby congs of AU$4.50

per pub per week including ww work, kh and ass hall construction, and not including local contributions

based on figures posted on notice boards. lets say, 7 mill pubs x $4.50 per week = AU$31,500,000 per week

or AU$1,638,000,000 per annum. Should be able to whack up a few flashy branches for that amount.

You can juggle figures to say anything you want I know, but, you can't answer the questions that arise.

just thinking out loud. Ha ha, typing out loud.

jtg

• Quendi
    Quendi

I remember when the first "quick-build" kingdom hall in Colorado was built in November 1981 in Grand Junction. It really was a wonderful occasion that saw local Witnesses pull together with help from others throughout the state to make the project a reality. Then other quick-builds sprang up like mushrooms after a spring rain and most of us thought it was a good thing. But before you could say "thousand-year reign", the WTS took over. Without any consultation with the rank-and-file, the RBC arrangement was set up with WTS-approved officers. Women were excluded completely and then came the added insult of WTS-approved floor plans and architectural designs. I haven't been to one of these projects in thirty years, but from what I've read in this space, I haven't missed anything. A once simple and workable arrangement has atrophied into a degenerate money- and power-grab.

Quendi

• Quendi
    Quendi

I remember when the Alabama Assembly Hall in Bessemer became a reality in December 1979. It happened very quickly with the local Witnesses doing all the necessary work to purchase and then renovate the old high school. We were proud of our efforts and thought that the building would save many of us a lot of wear and tear when it came to attending circuit assemblies and other special events. Plenty of classroom space, a spacious auditorium, a wonderful kitchen and plenty of room to eat the delicious meals that were prepared by a staff headed by a woman who was one of the best cooks in the state.

I moved away from Alabama in 1981 but kept in touch with my old friends and thought the Alabama Assembly Hall was a noteworthy achievement, considering all the toil, tears and sweat that went into acquiring it. When I heard the building was up for sale, I was dumbfounded because I always felt that it could continue meeting the needs of local Witnesses for many more years to come. Now I read that a facility is being planned for western Georgia. I don't think this is the kind of news that will gladden the hearts of Witnesses living in cities like Birmingham, Anniston, Tuscaloosa and other places. Many will not want to drive all that way for a SAD or one-day circuit assembly. That being said, they'll likely go along with such an arrangement, despite it being against their own best interests. Such is the power of this despicable cult. I'm glad I'm out.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit