New Atlanta Assembly Hall Has raised 3.4 million Dollars... GONE

by James Jackson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

They announced last week that the new Atanta Assembly Hall has thus far raised 3.4 Million Dollars. My local told that will become the Society's come May 1. I wonder how that will go over with the ones who have been contributing to this Fund.

• sir82
    sir82

Unfortunately, most will merely comment about how "wonderful" it is that the "faithful and discreet slave" is being so "faithful and discreet" by determining where the money can best be used.

James, surely you know that this is how the typical JW mind works.

A handful may have an uneasy feeling in the pit of their stomachs as they lie in bed at night, but even if so, they'll push those thoughts into the ever-more-crowded dusty recesses of their minds, along all the other distasteful thoughts they've learned to ignore.

• designs
    designs

Hard come easy go...

• Perry
    Perry

Are they still planning on building the Assembly Hall?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Do you mean that the funds will go into the WTS controlled pot instead of being ring-fenced for this construction project, as per the new donation arrangement?

Is the hall still going to be built?

If so then I see no one complaining. They will be happified that the GB can use their money for anything.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

There is an assembly bldg in Conyers- are they planning on another one in the Atl area?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Perhaps they have hired Ray Nagin as an advisor. He is familiar with the business world in that region of the U.S, and he is probably looking for a fresh start with a progressive corporation.

DD

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

DD,..

How do you know about Ray Nagin, are you from the NO area?

NJY

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Ray Nagin was in the news a lot here in Ga.

I echo Konceptual's question, is this because of the new donation arrangement?

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit