Yes, I see you shunning me!

by Blackbird Fly 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

Even tho I grew up in the org, so much that once seemed normal behavior now seems so bizarre and even cruel. I have run into at least 3 people from our old cong since the Memorial (I didnt attend) Anyhow I have noticed how each time they go out of their way to say hello and flash me a big bright smile, only to immediately avert their eyes and end any possible commitment to a conversation. I dont really care as I dont have anything to say to them anyhow. I just smile and return the greeting. Its just strange how the org encourages them to be friendly and civil towards those who dont attend but not 'overly so'. Its such a manipulative way to make non-df'd ones see what they are in for if they should stay away. And the ones who do it dont even see how they are being manipulated. It almost strikes me as comical because you can see how uncomfortable they are in acting according to how theyve been told to- its basic niceness immediately followed by forced snobbery. Its not unlikely they will catch me in the right frame of mind one day soon to say "you dont have to pretend to be nice, lets just get right to the shunning part okay?"

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It's mad!! Pleased that it doesn't upset you though.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

One sister I thought was my friend, stopped doing my hair when I started missing meetings. She used to do mine, my son and husband. Talk about indoctrination. I have a new hairdresser now, who's gay. The irony of it!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Blackbird Fly, Why not ask them, "Why are you bringing reproach on the WTBTS?"

When they deny it or ask why are they bringing reproach on the WTBTS, ask them, "Why are you behaving in an unChristian manner and like a member of a dangerous cult?"

When they say that the WTBTS is not a cult, tell them, "I agree with you that the WTBTS is not a religious cult, but it is a dangerous cult. Visit www.freedomofmind.com to learn what a dangerous cult is. Ask yourself why the WTBTS does not reference any recognized and reputable cult experts like Steve Hassan on www.jw.org?"

When they say that they are behaving like "True Christians", then ask them, "Show where in the Bible did Jesus Christ teach shunning or not associating with people who did not believe as he did. If you are Christians, you should be following the examples and teachings of Jesus Christ, and not what "imperfect men" teach JWs."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Blackbird, in my exsperience it says more about the shunner than the organisational policy. Also in my exsperience ( not disfellowshipped) but wear a cross around my neck, designer stubble and still on good terms with most i meet from the congregation. Long may that continue. ive had letters in the post asking me to meet elders at the K.H and recorded telephone calls to entrup me, but thanks to this site i have played the game well. ( Not that i give a f...k if i get disfellowshipped, and i think thats a good card to hold)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Gay hairdressers are so much better, you aren't missing out by losing your frenemy.

Hey, Blackbird! One thing that helps me cope with their behavior is to view them as they truly are, as I once was, and as I still am to a degree. That is...view them as mentally challenged people. They have a learned "learning disability." That strange behavioir is the cult mind at work. Inside their mind is a battle waging against what is normal and human, and what is expected of them in order to gain the "free gift" of life. [ LOL!!!]

I am not trying to make fun of anyone, but that's the way it is. What kind of a conversation are you going to have have with them anyway?? Hi? How's life?? It's only a matter of minutes before they start yammering about Jeehoober saving the chickens on Myanmar and Anthony Morris' hot dogs. Then what do you do? You will probably wonder why you even bothered.

DD

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Quelly - The sister that stopped doing your hair, I guess she was the owner of the shop she worked in or either worked out of her house.

If it were a salon owned by some one else she could've been reported for that.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Datadog...maybe its geographical, but ive had some great non J.W conversations with congregation members. Just small talk rumblings about ...oh just pleasent conversation. Maybe my Swedish geographical location is more of a big village where people are still a family....( mind you there are some dangerouse fanatics in that congregation).

Funny how American Religion and the J.Ws and Mormons are everywhere...least most places ive travelled they are there.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It could be Geographical. People who settled in "The Bible Belt " of the USA are notorious A-holes. I would love to move somewhere else. I am thinking..Japan. I can just sword fight all day, and I like sushi.. Sweden would be nice! I hear you have great meat-balls!

DD

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When I disassociated one 'brother' stopped right in front of me when I was walking through the village. He blocked my path but refused to speak. He just stared at me! As if he wanted to make it plain I was persona non grata. Why not just ignore me? To walk up to me and plant himself in front of me was just weird. Well it's a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit