If God is real?

by suavojr 108 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

"man in his depravity"....how very John Calvin of you :D

"They (Jews) became addicted trying to do it"- Like Saint Paul you really are a antisemitic sob aren't you. ~`

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

God is perfect and judges us? Sounds like the cards are not exactly stacked in our favour. As Quentin Crisp said: 'If we all got what we deserved we'd all be shot!'

This is what I think is a marker about god or no god..........it isn't obvious what the answer is. God being perfect would know how to make true worship obvious then those that refused are very naughty.

Thing is none of it is obvious otherwise all believers would have only one concept of 'hell'.

• designs
    designs

When you see that the Eastern Orthodox view Hell as a seperation from God (eternal sorrow) and Fundamentalists like Perry believe it is a literal place of torture who know Christians are just making it all up, sort of whatever tickles their fancy.

• cofty
    cofty

If God judged you by the ten commandments would you be guilty or innocent?

Firstly I could make a better list of 10 laws than that nonsense in the OT

Secondly there are no "Ten Commandments". Go and read the lists and compare them.

• Perry
    Perry

Bohn:

Bottom line: You are in favor of eternal torture

Neither me nor God is in favor of such a thing. Eternity is simply part of our constitution. God says that you cannot will yourself to cease to exist at death. If this is true, then how to spend eternity takes on serious significance. At great cost to himself, God gave us options.

The real bottom line is this:

God can only 1.) make it impossible to sin, or 2.) he can judge sin. He cannot do nothing since that would make him evil, something contrary to his nature. I have not heard any other explantion offered for the problem of evil. Ever.

So, since we live in a world where evil and sin is indeed possible, then it is likely that he will judge sin......which is exactly what he says he'll do over and over in the bible.

We have a conscience. We sin with knowledge of it. Yet, God offers a pardon. God is good.

• designs
    designs

One of the pillars of the early Church Fathers shows how screwed up Christianity is with regard to human nature- "because man is prone to strong lustful feelings, and because all men are not strong enough to be celebate, the Church allows the temporary union of marriage as an alternative to sin", commenting on Saint Paul in 1Cor.7 .

• DJS
    DJS

I would have a helluva lot more questions to ask the Big Girl than she would have to ask me. She's screwed up far more than I have. The entire premise of this OP annoys me, as it seeks to once again trap those freed by the Borg in some type of theist time/thought warp. I find it repugant that a god, if she existed, that has placed us on this inhospitable planet to try to eek out a life of a few decades if we are lucky, would do anything once I'm in her presence other than get on her effing knees and say "I'm sorry."

For those of you who delusionally continue to think that Jah or god is 'good' and 'benevolent' and loves us, I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

• Perry
    Perry

When you see that the Eastern Orthodox view Hell as a seperation from God (eternal sorrow)

designs,

Separation from God is torture since God is good and the Giver of every good gift. What exactly is the obsession with trying to make the punishment for sin more tolerable?

Imagine a cold dark existence for eternity. Imagine no heat, no touch, no smiles, no water, no one to hear your voice, for eons. This is likely a best-case scenario for those that don't want a pardon, and who seek to justify themselves. All completely unnecessary. God wills that he lavish his gifts upon us, in this life ....and the next .

• DJS
    DJS

Alright, who is in charge of making sure Perry takes his meds today? You have been dozing off.

• DJS
    DJS

And Perry, since you are clearly a believer, why are you even posting on this OP, which is aimed at us heathen unbelievers meeting the Big Girl in the Sky (I wonder if she's wearing underwear while Im' going up the escalator) after we croak? Proseletyzing again Perry? Someone come and get Perry, please. He's been hiding his pills under his tongue again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit