How many were victims of child molesters who were members that are still members?!

by Guardian77 38 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome Lissette. Wow, you have been through a lot. Yes, the Watchtower covers up child abuse, it's normal behavior for them. If you have not heard of the Candace Conti case, look it up. Even though the Watchtower lost this multi million dollar case (currently going through appeals), they stubbornly refuse to change their vile rules, which favor child abuse perpetrators over victims. It's hush up, cover up, kick the can down the road, leaving predators to prey on innocents, who think they are safe in the "spiritual paradise" of the cult.

• Guardian77
    Guardian77

Unfortunately because this cult has such a hold on it's member and the members have such a fear of doing what's right its going to continue. Mind u they are supposed to follow the laws of the land but molestation is illegal so I'm confused they're not reporting it to the police bcuz......

• Guardian77
    Guardian77

I've considered therapy but I think what will help me is for this to be made public to help the children that are still being harmed and have no one to turm to. If we can make it happen I'm very open and ready and armed to put it out there, the news etc.!!!

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Guardian 77

Wonderful. I agree with you. One of the most important considerations about going public or not is what the victim wants. How much more of an impact on "peoples hearts" will the victim's personal account have. In my thinking there is no close second then for the victim to tell the story because that is what they want.

How and when is a personal decision. In the case I am involved with the "How and when", is being considered carefully. We have reached out to a limited group for advice.

Barbara Anderson is a person we have talked with. For what it is worth, I recommend that you do the same. In our case it has made a contribution already.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Guardian77 and Lizette55

I took the liberty to contact Barbara Anderson. She wants to talk with both you. Would you please send her an email thru her new website.

WatchtowerDocuments.org

Or you could PM her. She prefers the email because her schudule today is very full. She is a worker and busy. The valueable thing is that her work is connected with your goals. She has expeirence and is networked to others who are haveing success in doing what you want to do.

So, Barbara is doing her thing the rest of the day.

I am going to work and will be back to check in several hours from now.

Love your attitudes and do not be discouraged. Good things are happening behind the scenes. You two can be part of it.

• Guardian77
    Guardian77

Make Lemonade, thank u so much!! I will def reach out to her. Something has to change and I feel deep down now is the time.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Good for you. It makes me happy to know you are taking steps to deal with your life. Not only for you, but for your entire family. You will find people with a whole lot more experience than myself willing to help you.

That does not mean that I am not interested in how things turn out for you and family. Also, I believe everyone contributes to the solution. You will have your helpful things to share with others very soon.

Stay in touch and let us know what you can. Especially the solutions and how you feel about finding them.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt. Please let us know how things are going. I think it is important that new ones see that this is an on going issue. Most JW are not aware of the practice of hiding molesters in the congergation. They think the Elders are there to protect them, they do not realize their mandate is to protect the WT reputation and money. The main reason I visited this site was the child abuse issue and the way the organization mishandles it.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome two new peeps!

Child molestation is part of what started me searching online and led to TTATT.

Glad you're both here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit