How many were victims of child molesters who were members that are still members?!

by Guardian77 38 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Guardian77
    Guardian77

Many members just as in the Catholic Church have molested children and are not punished nor turned in to the police.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

why do you ask?

• clarity
    clarity

Guardian ... welcome, tell us a bit about yourself.

Shocking that there are many elders & r&f who have

molested children.

clarity

• LV101
    LV101

It's a haven for molestation. It's hard to imagine victims of these perps remain in the religion but some do. The public needs to be warned and children/everyone needs to be aware to protect themselves.

• LV101
    LV101

All of the ones I know of are still JWs - they've been in all of their life and will never, ever, leave. They love feeling superior, better than, etc. It's what propels them through life condemning others and their belief in the cult's fantasies.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I knew two personally who molested my child and a friend's children. One was a teenager who stayed out after being df'd for repeated molestations. The other was never df'd but just kept congregation-hopping until he died a few years ago. He was given a memorial service at his hall with a lovely writeup in the local newspaper.

So much for wts justice.

• Guardian77
    Guardian77

Hello, I was raised by two parents who were both baptized parents, my father was disfellowshipsd for molesting my sister but never turned in and my mother didn't divorce him bcuz the elders told her it did not count and they discouraged her from going to the police so years later he was arrested for molesting a child in the "world" whose pArents knew better. My mother kept him in the house for about 7 years after and put me out at 14. She would lsave us alone with him for hours while she pioneered.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Guardian 77

You have taken a very good first step by expressing yourself. I know a young women who is doing very well for herself even though she was a victim of abuse. Also, I have read of experiences of people who have been able to enjoy life even though they have gone thru similar things as you have. So welcome to this place. There are so many people who will help you to find the joy and happiness that life has to offer. At the same time people will share how they cope with the pain they have in their life.

Search for the joys of living. Search for what fills you with wonder. Find what you are pasisonate about. Concentrate on the positive. Do not be afraid to express yourself. Your life, feelings, circumstances are unique to you. Your journey is to find the answers that fit you.

The struggle is worth.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Guardian - (((hugs)))

• cha ching
    cha ching

Dear Guardian77,

I am so sorry that happened to you... how sad that "the kingdom always comes first," instead of the safety & love of their children...

By speaking up, telling your story, perhaps you will embolden other young victims to go to the police, and "not trust the elders, even when it seeems illogical."

My love & hugs, cha ching

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit