Does anyone here use TVP as a regular part of their diet...

by Gregor 16 Replies latest social physical

• talesin
    talesin

Mmm, lamb chops. I recently learned, from a NZ friend, that the NZ lamb is strictly regulated regarding certain things. I am thinking it's hormone-free, and something else. But worth googling to find out! :) Local lamb is often the best bet. Yum, now I'm hungry.

xx

t

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I longer eat processed foods. When I did, I tried TVP and wasn't impressed with the texture or the flavour.

Eventually, I figuered that it didn't add up that something so highly processed could be better for us than what our ancestors ate as they evolved into what we are today.

*** Waves to Talesin ***

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

I agree that the more processed a food is the less nutritional value it has. I also don't like meat anymore so why eat the imitation, the only time I eat tvp is when it is the only option on a menu.

Peace

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I'm not crazy about soy products in general...the information on the internet provides both good benefits and dangers of soy. Tempeh and miso are good choices because they are fermented. Non-gmo organic soy products are supposed to be ok in moderation. I put soy milk in my coffee when I am trying to eat more like a vegan, but I am an omnivore for the most part. I use tofu maybe a few times a year. Eat beans, nuts, seeds, whole grains, vegetables, fruits...some soy.

• Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

hI mix it half and half when I make meatloaf or taco meat. Half lean ground sirloin and half TVP. It soaks up the flavor of the meat and the spices. It is economical and I hope it is slightly healthier for us....

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Herbs and spices are your friend with tvp...and like Beth Shan, I use it half and half with lean meat..tasty.

• flowerfreaks2
    flowerfreaks2

Not really

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit