Peter, Paul, and Mary

by Band on the Run 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I hate Dylan, too.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I liked his folk music, but I am not a fan of his later music. I went to see him in concert (not my idea), it was awful, every song sounded like every other, great if you are into that kind of music (blues?), not so great if not. Mark Knophler opened, his concert was great, so it wasn't a total waste. We had to leave early, so BIL could go to the airport, by that time I as happy to leave.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw him perform at the Concert for Bangladesh. He took the crowd away from two Beatles and Eric Clapton. He was magical. We did not know it at the time but he decided not to perform. He told George Harrison he did not want to be there. George told him that he did not want to be there either but the show was going on for charity. Of course, Dylan had disappeared from public view for quite a period of time. The local rumors were that he was being alive on life support. Dylan performed a commercial concert at Madison Square Garden only two-three months later. He was atrocious. The FM rock station did not play any music after the concert. They opened up the phone lines so people could vent about how awful Dylan was. We should have received refunds.

I would pay any sum of money to see him perform the way he did at the charity concert. Fans tell me he phones in his performances. Every once in a while, he still performs the way he did at Bangladesh. If I had limitless resources, I would attend to pay tribute. My resources are not limitless. There is so much competition for events in the NY area. Broadway plays are nice. Ballet, opera, and symphony are also nice. Someone knew I was fan and gave me a video of Dylan at Newport. He actually smiles, laughs, and acknowledges his audience.

I laughed so hard at his Super Bowl commercials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit