Peter, Paul, and Mary

by Band on the Run 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've been listening to YouTube videos of the Beatles, the WHO, and Peter, Paul, and Mary. My brother has cerebral palsy. We had to sing "Puff the Magic Dragon." It was the only album we had that was not a polka record. I enjoyed them through the years. Once I visited my college and ran into Mary performing and talking. Peter Yarrow stopped a probable riot from happening when Jimi Hendrix kept a crowd waiting for five hours on a school night. His voice was soothing. Hendrix emerged about 5 am and was so wrecked from drugs he could not even tune his guitar. They were always at peace marches.

It is hard to believe she is dead.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There was a great historic perspective on PBS related to Peter Paul and Mary. I love their musis and their piece of american history.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hendrix was a jerk. Did you see what Linda Ronstandt had to say about him? Holy crap!!

I like PPM, but I am also a fan of 1970s musi. Seals & Croft, Loggins & Messino, Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac. Saw the Eagles in concert. Would love to see Fleetwood Mac & Loggins & Messino in concert.

• minimus
    minimus

Not a real fan except Leaving on a jet plane.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I played that record all the time in the 60s. I think I will look them up on You Tube!

Skeeter I loved those groups!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I loved their music. I saw them in concert at the Santa Barbara bowl in the eighties.

• Violia
    Violia

I loved their music too. Puff and If I had a hammer were among the ones I sang the most.

• designs
  • designs
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They were my first introduction to Bob Dylan. I owe them a lot. They had a gentle vibe. I read in wikipedia that Peter Yarrow faced charges for "romancing" a 14 year old girl. I adored folk rock music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit