What if Everyone Demaded Answers About Where the Money is and What it is Used For?

by TTATTelder 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

It is all about openness and accountability. An organization with integrity will freely share how donations are being spent.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

I'm suggesting we lobby the US government to demand a minimal level of disclosure from the charities that benefit from their tax breaks. Canada does.

There is a movement afoot for greater openness and accountability both from big government, big business and guess what, big charity too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am glad there was transparency at a local KH level. Each month I heard the financial report helped me realise that the local KH had an icome that esceeded it's expenses. I just simply stopped donating.

As far as the world wide donations were concerned, I always wondered why we didn't get financial reports isn't that what most companies disclose at an AGM. Hence, no disclosure no donations.

Kate xx

• a watcher
    a watcher

Listener, I thought the scripture would explain it.

Jehovah says no one should approach Him empty-handed.

When I give money to the CCJW, in my mind I am giving it to Jehovah.

What happens to my gift to Jehovah once it leaves my hands is not my responsibility.

It becomes the responsibility of the CCJW.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Kate, unless they've changed their methods since I left, the financial reports at a KH are not transparent nor are they complete. It may just be that they're dumbed down so the window washers can figure out how to fill them out, or it's possible they're designed to obscure the money trail.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Jehovah says no one should approach Him empty-handed.

That's why I don't give even one red cent to the org. THEY are not Jehovah. I prefer to toss my daily loose change in the air, and whatever God wants he is free to catch and keep.

• piztjw
    piztjw

JeffT

I had the "privelege" of doing the accounts for awhile.

All I can say is that if a secular business kept their books exactly the same way the congregation/organization does they would be in jail!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Does anyone know who would have this info at Bethel? The Episcopalians were just eyeballing the financial statement. I took a course in law school so I could interact with accountants. Since they were not doing it correctly, I suggested that we consult a high school or community college accounting book. No. My first and last meeting with the Financial Committee. They owned homes, nice cars, retirement portfolios. It would have taken less than ten minutes to find and read the pertinent information. A cpa audit? Nice.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

in my mind I am giving it to Jehovah.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh..........that about sums it up, folks.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit