Convention handbill: Very Illuminati

by pixel 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What is wrong with world government? Star Trek has it. I don't understand the objections.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Band on the Run - "What is wrong with world government? Star Trek has it. I don't understand the objections."

Star Trek is kind of an exception; most planetary governments in science fiction are ruthless, opressive, and totalitarian.

These days, a lot of the objections to global governance come from right-wing personalities, and I think they grasp intuitively that many aspects of their worldview would not be particularly tenable in a genuinely global community...

...that being said, a global government would be - quite frankly - the ultimate superpower (from a human POV), and superpowers do not have a steller track record.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

With global warming alone, we are going to face major problems that must be addressed globally. There are ways to structure a one world government to contain the risks. It was considered very scary for the states to unite and form a federal government. We did it.

All right, the far right could not impose their narrow notion of God and morals on the rest of the world. Perhaps that is why I like the ideal. The Continental Congress withheld money from Washington on purpose. We came extremely close to a coup d'etat after the Revolution. The officers had not been paid (on purpose) and they planned to seize Congress at Philadelphia. One conspirator leaked the news to Washington. He faced them and gave a famous speech about how he served with them. Everyone cried. Philadelphia was left alone.

Sooner or later, we will have a one world government. I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

• Maat13
    Maat13

for a moment there I thought I was on a hacked site!!! This hanbill is proudly displayed on JW.org!!! This is too darn predictable for a 100year anniversary of an organization preaching from a bible titled NEW WORLD translation...if this handbill is real, then the predictions made about this organization more than 50years ago is coming to fruition....sublime message of one world religion...

WOW...unbelievable....this kinda stuff makes conspiracy theorist look like prophets....laughable

Maat

• Maat13
    Maat13

Reference material for the one world religion..

"Fire in the Minds of Men" James Billington

"To Eliminate the Opiate" Rabbi Antelman

Maat

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

A One World Government is the only way to go.

The other countries need to adopt the US constitution and then becomes states of the Union.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Band on the Run - "All right, the far right could not impose their narrow notion of God and morals on the rest of the world. Perhaps that is why I like the ideal."

Same here, actually; in fact, I take it a few steps further.

Right-wing apocalyptic eschatology specifically has the formation of a "One World Government" as a crucial step in the End Times checklist.

If/when a planetary government is formed, and it doesn't kick off the Apocalypse, it might go a long ways towards discrediting that type of ideology.

Band on the Run - "Sooner or later, we will have a one world government. I doubt it will be in my lifetime."

You never know.

5000 years ago, there were tens of thousands of governments all over the planet.

At the moment, there's only a few hundred.

Follow that curve to it's logical end, and a full-on planetary government is practically right around the corner.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Rattigan350 - "A One World Government is the only way to go."

Probably.

I think the potential benefits would probably outweigh any disadvantages.

Rattigan350 - "The other countries need to adopt the US constitution and then becomes states of the Union."

Correction: the members of any hypothetical One World Government need to adopt a fair and egalitarian constitution and become equal member states of a new global union.

The US constitution would probably be a good place to start, sure, but please don't proceed from the assumption that the rest of the world should become just like/part of the US.

We don't need a "Global States of America"...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

who let Alex Jones loose....?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

snare&racket - "who let Alex Jones loose....?"

Please.

Alex Jones is a f**king wingnut.

And he thinks that "global governance" is a bad thing.

Reread my posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit