What is your favorite gospel music?

by Zoos 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am the only person in church who cannot read notes in the hymnal. My gm used to play piano in KH. She played the way kindergarten teachers do. Bethel said we had to play recordings and no more live music. No wonder it sounds like a dirge in KH.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What is the term for contemporary Christian music? Is there a reason that it sounds so weak? The lyrics are insipid. Gospel has great lyrics. My favorite hymns are Amazing Grace and Hail Thee, Festival Day.

• jws
    jws

The right Reverend Cleophus James:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZVhzVTBDvA

• jam
    jam

WOW, WOW..Korean Praise worship group singing,

"My Desire"...

• myelaine
    myelaine

I prefer old hymns to contemporary christian music. The old hymns often reinforce doctrine and so can unite a congregation around its theme. In contrast the contemporary themes are vague and the words relay more of a subjective experience. I find the contemporary music hypnotic with its repetition of certain phrases at the end. I've heard people say that the repetition is meant to help settle your heart and mind to receive the Holy Spirit and the message or sermon. I say bah!...and agree with whoever it was who said this first..."it's the Holy Spirit that wills...I don't need to prime the pump".

love michelle

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I like contemporary christian music and christian rock. It can be lame musically, sometimes, but lyrically, it is positive and makes me smile. I like Flyleaf, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch...I even like Toby Mac and Chris Tomlin...Hillsong is great!

I really love It is Well with My Soul and How Great is our God, and the Resurrection Song...so many more!!

I remember being 14 and I got a Jars of Clay cd because of the song Flood that they were playing on the radio. I listened to it and they mentioned God a few times and when I realized it was a christian CD, I threw it away immediately. Funny remembering that!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Heritage Singer,I Need A Miracle. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bdp5I6w2gr0

• barry
  • 20yearfader
    20yearfader

anything by mary mary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit