WTS answers Diane Wilson, author

by blondie 44 Replies latest social current

• saltiest
    saltiest

Thanks for the kind words.

I think what made the whole situation even worse is one of the elders was one of the few adults I had trusted in the congregation. It's amazing how they can be there for you...when they want to be, but as soon as it is a choice between us or "The Society" then we get ditched.

It wasn't until later that I found out that same elder's daughter was disassociated (she wasn't baptized yet) because she had been raped. It kills me to recall how sad she was at the meetings and how we had to ignore her at the bookstudy (in her own house). So many times I wanted to talk to her, even smile, but if I even tried, her dad always found a way to pull me aside (he had the strongest grip that would leave bruises on my shoulders). Sadly, to this day she is one of them and even when my sister and I tried to bring to her attention many things, especially how they continuously changed their opinions on rape, she still defends the Borg. Mind control at it's worse, I guess.

I had to deal with my situation and had a tough time. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for those who have been abused by someone within the congregation and are forced to be within their company.

Alicia

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

I'm sure all of us, at one time or another, were tempted to
    wave our hands in their faces, just to
    see if there was anybody really in there.....

• saltiest
    saltiest

deddaisy, I have to laugh at the image. My mom is blind and so many times as she was lecturing me about bad association, the length of my skirts, etc., I would be standing there sticking my tongue out, and rolling my eyes. And to think all the others are "blind" as well to reality.

Alicia

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

alicia, wow, you must've had a little "weight" on your shoulders....
    you know that is what makes it even more tragic, when people are terminally ill, or deaf, or blind, the idea of a "paradise earth" with their health, hearing, sight, even youth, restored makes them that much more vulnerable to the Witnesses. They "put off" their lives in order to "preach the good news" because Armageddon is so near, and before they know it twenty years of their lives have gone by without them really living it.

Look at the JW's in Rutherford's time, a lot of people never married or had children because Rutherford claimed that time was "so short!"

They missed out on their own lives.....

it's good that you took your life back.....

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Thought I'd bump this gem.

Thanks blondie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit