People Think JW's are Bat-Shit Crazy

by AlphaMan 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

AlphaMan:

I chuckled when I read how you were embarrassed to have been part of this "bat-shit crazy cult". I was embarrassed when I was still in it.

Thankfully I was not raised a JW and never quit my real job, so I never felt I was like certain other JWs who, I agree, were a little off and didn't really know how to function in the real world.

sparrowdown:

Maybe there was a time certain JWs could be looked up to for the reasons you mention, but not anymore!

Nowadays they are just as bad, and, in some ways, worse than other people. In some instances, they are just well-dressed panhandlers with not too much upstairs! As far as a work ethic? They don't even know what it means. Many are barely literate.

I agree that the worst part about them is that people are fooled and think they are benign!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They are a joke. I explain the shunning and how I had to fight to finish high school. Oh, the house hunting for a place to live after Armageddon as tho the WTBTS would let anyone have that freedom. There will be infrastructure. I try to stay low key and not get too excited so people will find me a credible source. Most people are spooked by the house selection thoughts. I also say that they look forward to the death of every nonWitness, including infants, puppies, and kittens.

I would love to know how they were so unAmerican and a threat to public order to become harmless now.

No one sees them as a source of theological insight. I wonder where they find converts. People who are under great stress must find the love bombing refreshing. MY gf lost his wife after 13 births. He was in the choir in a decent Russian Orthodox church. Family members were priests. The family members were grieving hard for the loss of my gm. They had no idea why God would allow such a thing. The Witnesses knocked on the door and had a 20 point explanation. If you ask me, a woman's body is not meant to have 13 births. They lost five children in steerage.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Par for the course when you want your fringe religion to be both respectable and marginilized at the same time, I suppose...

...can't be done.- Vidiot

So true, made me laugh. Kate xx

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Apostate & Ex-Jehovalarious Meme Collection
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/JWmeme/

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

and the consensus was that the JW's were weird and crazy,

And many JWs take PRIDE in that fact.

Doc

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

My therapist felt the same way. She didn't quite get the mind control of the JW's till I told a few stories. On our last secion she thanked me for helping her understand JW's and if she ever gets a client it will help. She called it a cult :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Geeze..that GB picture.....[ shudder....] You know it all depends on the Dub and their authentic self. Everyone LOVES working with my wife, because she is 95% REAL at work. She is hilarious, quick witted, is very honest [ except with herself and TTATT] and he has a great work ethic.

Now if they KNEW the real JW beliefs, then who knows..?? I guess they could know and just not discuss it. It's one reason that I don't discuss TTATT with her workmates. She has enough stress already. I am trying to make her life as stress-free as possible right now.

Back to the issue, some dubs are really cool. It's only on the religious cult issues that they get really odd. Who wouldn't?? Who wants to look in the eyes of another human and say, " You have no scriptural hope of survival." Who even wants to admit believing that?? That F's people up! I think most people who know about JWs are very gracious, if they haven't been personally affected by JWs. JWs are odd, but NOT harmless.

One of the greatest compliments that I ever received was, " You know DD...you are not like any JW that I have ever met." LOL!!!

DD

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My husbands cousin, now xjw, said my husband's mother and her sister were noit like the other JWs she knew ( including her own family) She said my MIL was down to earth and not crazy like the rest of them. They are the type people you meet and they never bring up anything JW with you for years. If ever. She "celebrates holidays" but a day later or something.

One reason I believed the sanaitzed view of "people thinking they are strange but harmless" like sparrowdown said. I too felt that way for a lot of years after being married to my non-practicing but deep down evidently"believing" husband. I would defend them if someone talked bad about the JW. I had no.idea. None! I saw only the sanitized, public surface for a very long time.

Once my marriage was challanged with it, and I really researched it, all hit me like a brick at how seductive, controlling, and dangerous a cult they are!

I wish more people could see them for what they are. I want a good doumentory about them to be out there. One on the life of Ray Franz maybe. Anything to catch the interest of non JWs so they can see it BEFORE the possibility of putting any trust in them.

• Thumblina
    Thumblina

The jw who called on me today proudly stated that an elder told him that all jws are a little bit weird and crazy. It helps apparently. I said, I left so I wonder what that says about me. Was i too weird or not weird enough?! He laughed at that :D

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They're right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit