What if the prophecy at Daniel speaks of religion?

by twice shy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome twice shy!

BTG = Babylon The Great

Very interesting question.

According to this site, religion gets a lot of coverage in Revelation:

http://www.christinyou.net/pages/revel.html

• twice shy
    twice shy

Thanks for all the thought provoking replies. Abe I watched the video and several others from the links in the video. Fernando I havent got to yours yet. You both provided losts of research. Thanks amd thanks Bella.

Siri82 I didnt catch the significance of how your question related to the topic at hand, but thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

• Fernando
    Fernando

It seems to me that the image is a fitting symbol for all human efforts at ruling over and controlling other humans: religious, political, secular, financial, economic, medical and social.

God made us all equal with no intent that one human should rise above another for the purposes of controlling them.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

The immense image in Daniel represents all of the "Kingdoms" that God himself has set up.

About 2000 years ago God set up a kingdom called Christianity.

It has been ruined!

The next and last kingdom that God sets up will crush all these other kingdoms.

Yep, I think the toes of iron and clay are the JW's.

The divisions are occuring over Jesus Christs baptism due to the re-inventing of it by the Governing Body so they could include a vow which venerates themselves.

Luke 12:49-53

"I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50  Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51  Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52  For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

The iron and clay does not mix.

abe

• sir82
    sir82

Siri82 I didnt catch the significance of how your question related to the topic at hand, but thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

You think the Bible writer Daniel prophesied about JWs.

JWs are utterly and completely insignificant. They simply don't matter at all to anyone - certainly not to God (for those who believe he exists).

You might as well have the opinion that the book of Daniel is prophesying about one grain of sand at the bottom Lake Huron, or a speck of dust on a table in Uzbekistan, or something else that is utterly and completely insignificant.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Luke 12:49-53

"I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50  Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51  Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52  For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

Can you think of any other world wide stituation beyond the Jehovah's Witnesses where a very prolific number of once wholesome family units are being divided in such a manner as Jesus Christ describes above?

Just read many of the posts on this forum and also on others (in all languages!) which describe these family situations, for the abundant amount of evidence.

It's a pandemic unique to Jehovah's Witnesses!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit