What if the prophecy at Daniel speaks of religion?

by twice shy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• twice shy
    twice shy

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I've commented on several posts before and enjoy the feedback on this site above them all. I was researching some things and this question came to mind. For those who still believe in the bible, but just not the Jehovah's Witnesses version of it. I really would appreciate your thoughts and comments on the below questions. Thanks

What if the prophecy in Daniel spoke of religions kingdoms and not political kingdoms and the Jehovah's Witnesses are the feet and toes mixed with iron and clay?

What if they are the kingdom to be crushed having involved themselves in the world by means of deceptive greed and false doctrines geared to follow man and not the bible and the word of GOD?

Your thoughts please

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome!

Just a personal viewpoint:

1 Peter 4:17 warns that the judgement starts first with the house of God.

Revelation calls Babylon the Great "the MOTHER of the harlots" - indicating that there others, but she is the worst of all!

I postulate that BTG is Christendom - every single religion which claims to represent the Christ.

JW's are simply part of that conglomerate and have acted detestably towards sincere people, in the same ways the rest of Christendom has treated their flocks!

They are not unique enough to merit the position of the feet in Daniel's vision of the statue. They are just another money-making business, in the guise of a religion!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Book of Daniel is basically a disguised political tract written to oppose Antiochus 1V Epiphanes, who died around 164 BCE.

It is not prophetic , it deals with already occurrred events, the writer (s?) producing the work as though it was written long before the actual time of writing, i.e just prior to the death of Antiochus.

This was a not uncommon ruse of the time, and before and after too, to attach a name from the past to a work to disguise the real writers, and to pretend the work was written long ago, we have many examples of this genre.

To interpret this book, what we may call a pious fake, as applying to a later time is just silly, but it is done all the time by Bible believers, sadly.

• Laika
    Laika

The Society used to believe the little horn coming out of the beast was protestants coming out of the Catholic Church.

Personally, I don't think the Society are relevant enough to get a whole bible prophecy dedicated to them. They just feel significant because you were once a member.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

I don't really like discussing prophecy much, because I (unlike the WTBTS) refuse to deceive someone if I am incorrect in my opinions of future events.

But I will say this... 1) the JWs do not understand Daniel or Revelation and 2) I think the WTBTS itself will play a big role in the future events contained in the book of Revelation :)

Just my personal opinion...to understand things in Daniel and Revelation, I think knowing the events of 66-70 AD and the temple destruction are key. Even down to the 'abomination of desolation'. If you've never read anything about it, it's rather interesting.

• twice shy
    twice shy

Thanks for the open conversation.

@ the searcher - so you think the WBT$ quite possibly could be the greatest harlot of them all hence "the mother of all the harlots?

I recall reading a book and the purple song book where they song most of the songs to Christ, but abandoned using Christ in the fore front and attached the name of Jehovah to them as they spoke and preached judgement on all of Christendom as not to include themselves because they carry Jehovah's name.

They are not unique enough yet ???

@phizzy - knowing what I do and my take on how the old testament and us no longer being under it, but should use it as a reference to be guided by; I can see how that works together.

Also, what is BTG? I am not familiar with that term.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I believe that the great harlot is still Judah in conjuction with the media/hollywood which is mostly owned by Jewish people, which corrupts the whole world ... just adding to the pot ... LOL

Seriously the other day I was listening the bible in audio - the book of Hosea I think and I thought how the entertainment system can be the harlot too (then I thought about Bollywood hmmmm).

• sir82
    sir82

What if the prophecy in Daniel spoke of religions kingdoms and not political kingdoms and the Jehovah's Witnesses are the feet and toes mixed with iron and clay?

You're pretty clearly not long separated from the JW mindset.

Nothing in the Bible is "about JWs".

JWs are as significant as a pimple on the end of the nose of a flea. They just simply don't matter to anyone or anything outside of the few million people who are JWs or have family members who are.

Do you really think that the Almighty God of the universe would bother to inspire a prophecy about a pimple on a flea's nose?

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

The EX-Jehovah's Witness community is the primary audience for the bible!

Consider this:

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

There is no other world wide religion who I know could be fulfillling this prophecy other than the Jehovah's Witnesses!

Announced from the Kingdom Hall Platform when someone is disfellowshipped (excluded by reason of God's name!)

"[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness"

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

The EX-Jehovah's Witness community is the primary audience for the bible!

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

Are you a believing Ex-JW who has been disfellowshipped?

Jehovah is addressing --------------> You

That is how the kingdom is divided!

Wheat and chaff!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit