Memorial 2014, my observations and the "New Light" for the Anointed ones

by JustHuman14 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

Wt. theology on this is just a version of Catholicism's Provisional Salvation and John Calvin's Limited Atonement.

Nah, it's more pelagian than anything else.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

if wt can have christ ---coming, --sitting down,--- standing up,-- being present---- so can we.

Sounds a lot like a Catholic Mass.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hamsterbait - "She said that after the war, more and more were coming to the meetings. They got scared that these newcomers might take one of their places in the 144 000, so they kept changing the venue, but these interlopers always managed to find out and attend anyway."

Oh, christ, that's funny; it's like freaking out at the thought of losing your seat on the bus.

Is it just me, or does it seem like more and more "New Light" is just jerry-rigging to address the unintended consequences of previous goofs?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Blondie's post is the most recent information on that.

for many years, my recollection was that jesus "arrived" in 1914, thus your point according to 1 Cor. 11:26 would be valid, that the memorial does not need to occur any longer since Jesus arrived in 1914. However as Blondie pointed out, the WTS plays symantics on this point in the now infamous July 15, 2013 Study edition

par 11 & 19

11 In the mid-1990’s, The Watchtower reexamined Matthew 25:31, which states: “When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne.” It was noted that Jesus became King of God’s Kingdom in 1914, but he did not “sit down on his glorious throne” as Judge of “all the nations.” (Matt. 25:32; compare Daniel 7:13.) However, the parable of the sheep and the goats describes Jesus primarily as Judge. (Read Matthew 25:31-34,41, 46.) Since Jesus was not yet active as Judge of all nations in 1914, his judgment of people as sheep or goats could not have started in that year. * When, then, will Jesus’ judgment begin?

19 In review, what have we learned? In the beginning of this article, we raised three “when” questions. We first considered that the great tribulation did not begin in 1914 but will start when the United Nations attacks Babylon the Great. Then, we reviewed why Jesus’ judgment of the sheep and the goats did not begin in 1914 but will occur during the great tribulation. Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation.

so basically Jesus has "two arrivals", one in 1914 when he was apppointed King, and a 2 when he "arrives" as "Judge"

of course he will judge the sheep and the goats in a yet unknown future time during the great tribulation. At THIS time, the memorial should cease to occur. BUt who knows with the WTS, even they can't remember what they believe anymore

• steve2
    steve2

One of the very first teachings I have a memory of learning was as a four-year-old sitting in the kingdom hall during the memorial: My mother quietly and patiently explained to me during that Memorial only "the remnant" take the wine and bread - and that there would not be many people present that evening who would do so. In the congregation of close to 70, my mother told me the names of the 2 local Witnesses who would be partaking. The part I remember mostly though is my parents, and mother in particular - and others - repeating that message over the years and saying that, each year there would be fewer and fewer partaking because they were dying and going to heaven to rule with Christ. And now, over 50 years later there are more!!!

How puzzling is that? Back in the day when JW teachings had a strength and persuasiveness that have long since gone.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Thanks for the quote from the WT, wallsofjericho! That is amazing! I have lost my contact complelety from the WT, since I left back in the early 2000's. I only know occasionally the news and "new light" from this forum, but this is new for me! So we have invisible presence in 1914, but the invisible presence is consisted with 2 parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, I knew there was something wrong going on in Brooklyn, and now my speculations are confirmed. The GB indeed is smoking grass, sniffing Cocaine, LSD, Acid to write and print this kind of staff!!!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I don't understand how their numbers are still going up. A few years ago, the elders had to try to talk to each individual that partook and not count them if they were wrong about the meaning, either elders aren't bothering or a lot more people are thinking that since they've been in the "truth" so long, they should be rewarded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit