Memorial 2014, my observations and the "New Light" for the Anointed ones

by JustHuman14 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I have attended to the Memorial, just for family reasons, but I managed to fish some points from the talk, that are tricky ones. OK, most of the time has been consumed to point out who should partake the Emblems, the 2 class dogma, and very little about Christ, apart from the usual. I thought the focus should be on Christ and the fact He died for a course.

According to the speaker, the number of the partakers is 13,600 (I don't recall the exact number but it was just about there). I recall when I was a JW, the number has dropped just about 8,500, so we have a significant increasing figures of the Anointed over the past years.

The speaker have quoted a verse from 1 Cor.11:25,26: 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

Then he stated that the Memorial is only for the Anointed ones, and once they all die, then we will not celebrate the Memorial any more. I have been attending to the Memorial for many years, (once I was the speaker as well)but I don't recall any statement from the WT like that. The question is: Are we going to witness an "new light"? I guess time will show...But having in mind that the number instead of going down, is going up, perhaps the WT, either will try to stop any new ones trying to get a transfer to the Anointed class, or they will have to come up with a new explanation, since the figures are not following their expectations of a graduate decrease and the end of the physical presence on Earth of the Small Remnant.

Going back to the verse 26 above, the WT cannot explain the fact that, if Jesus came invisibly in 1914, according to their teachings, then why do they still drink and eat the body of Christ, since He is now present?

• designs
    designs

Its like an Inaugeration followed by administering of duties. Not that confusing.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

why? why do they not incude everyone? because they don't understand the

basic concept of the inclusiveness. oneness, that was the theme of what Jeusus

taught. They are an anti-Christ cult.

• KateWild
    KateWild

But having in mind that the number instead of going down, is going up, perhaps the WT, either will try to stop any new ones trying to get a transfer to the Anointed class, or they will have to come up with a new explanation, - JustHuman14

This is an excellent point. The whole time I was a JW I was taught the numbers were dercreasing but each year they increased. We had a WT that stated some who partake may be doing so because of their former beliefs and others due to mental illness. This WT did not slow down the increase of JWs partaking.

I think the elders will be told to stop counting partakers soon, or talk to them and tell them they are not annointed. But you're right this poses a problem for WT that they must address.

Kate xx

• Ding
    Ding

It's hard for them to claim that many partakers don't understand WT rules when they devote so much of the talk to explaining them.

• designs
    designs

Wt. theology on this is just a version of Catholicism's Provisional Salvation and John Calvin's Limited Atonement.

• blondie
    blondie

I have heard that many times over the 45 years I attended, i.e., that when the last anointed dies and is resurrected to heaven the celebration of the memorial will end since it is an event between the anointed and Jesus, not the other sheep, that's why the OS don't partake. (WTS explanation)

*** w10 3/15 p. 27 par. 16 One Flock, One Shepherd ***

He said to anointed Christians: “For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.” (1 Cor. 11:26) When does the Lord ‘arrive’? When he comes to take the last of his anointed bride class to their heavenly home. (John 14:2, 3) Clearly, the annual observance of the Lord’s Evening Meal is not to continue endlessly. “The remaining ones” of the woman’s seed yet on earth will continue to partake of this meal until all of them have received their heavenly reward. (Rev. 12:17)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

you can never win the overlapping generation shell game

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember an old Sister, a dubby since before WW1.

She said that after the war, more and more were coming to the meetings. They got scared that these newcomers might take one of their places in the 144 000, so they kept changing the venue, but these interlopers always managed to find out and attend anyway.

The society had to find an explanation, so they came up first with the "Jonadab" class (what they were dabbing Jonah with is anybodys guess HA HA, boom kerching) then the great Crowd crap.

HB

• prologos
    prologos

If "-- until he arrives--" could be construed to mean 'he arrives to turn the kingdom back over to the father', after all,

the context !Cor 15: 24 speaks of that.

just arguing in favour of those that advocate partaking of all jws, and

doing so until the end of the 1000k kingdom..

if wt can have christ ---coming, --sitting down,--- standing up,-- being present---- so can we.

as we have a good laugh about it all. showing how irrational it is,-- if taken to its illogical conclusion,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit