There Was No First Human

by cofty 266 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

Angus, he is a fundie and you know it. He makes sweeping generalisations like calling people "uneducated church goers". That is intellectual intimidation and he is not actually defining who he means. He could be talking about all 10 yr olds.

A fundie what?

• KateWild
    KateWild

A fundie what?-Viv

I suggest you read his books. When you do I suggest using critical thinking skills instead of confirmation bias. You may not have the ability to understand what I mean if you are closed minded. The term "uneducated church goer" explains what kind of a fundie Dawkins is.

This thread is not about Dawkins anyway, apart from the fact his book is being plugged. I think the video is good and informative.

Kate xx

• KateWild
  • Viviane
    Viviane

I suggest you read his books. When you do I suggest using critical thinking skills instead of confirmation bias. You may not have the ability to understand what I mean if you are closed minded. The term "uneducated church goer" explains what kind of a fundie Dawkins is.

For someone who was in no way insulted yet claimed to be intimidated, you decided to start insulting people very quickly and for no reason. It doesn't matter, though, because I am an adult and it doesn't bother me, it's just worth noting how nasty you turned because a a simple question.

In any event, I have read them. Of course I can understand them, don't be silly, you're just wasting your time writing it and everyone else's reading it.
    What I can't do, however, is read your mind, therefore I am asking you to explain. You could have explained in the time it took you to suggest I was stupid, but we all have priorities. I really don't want to mis-understand what you mean and I am sure you don't either.

So, what exactly do you mean when you write Dawkins is a fundamentalist?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Fundie : Definition. "1) Abbreviation of "fundamentalist";

2) Often a sola scriptura non-denominational born-again Christian;

3) Self-proclaimed "Jesus Freak" who spouts half-understood scripture at the drop of a hat;

4) General term for any teenage/preteen "pop" Christian who shows an extraordinary lack of tolerance/understanding for other religions (including any other denomination of Christianity);"

I too, fail to understand what Kate means, seeing as the definition above does not apply, even in reverse, to R.D, although he has I think run out of tolerance toward the willfully ignorant.

• KateWild
    KateWild

it's just worth noting how nasty you turned because a a simple question.-Viv

I wasn't being nasty. I am sorry you feel I was. Apologies, but I find you style of communication rude. I don't believe you were asking a simple question. I think your motives are different, if I am mistaken then start a thread about why you are on this site.

So, what exactly do you mean when you write Dawkins is a fundamentalist?-Viv

I started a thread about Dawkins, if you are really interested in why I think he is a fundie then read all my comments on the thread. See my previous post

• Viviane
    Viviane

Understood, you no answer. Got it.

• KateWild
    KateWild

R.D, although he has I think run out of tolerance toward the willfully ignorant.-phizzy

Do you mean the uneducated churchgoer Lol?

• jws
    jws

Watched the video. Still don't understand. Yes, changes are small. And there is probably no detailed definition at painstaking detail down to the DNA level of what exactly is human. But at some point, you have to have one of those ancestors categorized as human and the one before it not.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Why, JWS? I think the point is that it is entire populations that change and at some point it's "This population is a different species" rather than "This one individual is different"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit