Need articles please? Re 1975, and system ending.....

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey all,

I need help finding articles please!

Discussions have arisen where a bro has firmly stated that "the society has never stated 1975" , and that "we" never said the system would be over in a specific time.

I know there was also the article re education in 1968 ish?

thankyou!

• KateWild
    KateWild

There are some quotes here from WT publications. But I don't think you'll be able to find them on jw.org. The online library only goes as far back as 2000 for the Awakes. Unless you have a 1966 Awake I don't know quite how you will prove this. Kate xx

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, good point.

When asked where I read it, I said "I found it in the older concordance and bound volumes....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I forgot about Paul's (jwfacts) comprehensive list in my rush!!

thankyou!

There was also another article that showed that changes were made in the content of an article in reprints and online compared to the original wt or aw?

jwfacts had on example, but I know there was another longer article....?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Be careful stuckinarut, are you being brave or foolhardy? What do you wish to accomplish?

Many who leave the BOrg leave for other reasons and then their doubts about doctrine resurface. JWs leave because they have experienced somekind of injustice, or there is no love in the cong, they have a lost a loved one, or perhaps lost a loved one who refused to take blood. They may have a family member who is Df'd they don't want to shun.

All these things give JWs a reason to look at doctrine more carefully. If you want to be Df'd for being an apostate tell as many people as you can about false teachings.

Kate xx

• Ding
    Ding

WT 8/15/68: "Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?"

Kingdom Ministry, May 1974:

Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.—1 John 2:17.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Pp. 5-8 of the Awake! February 22, 1961 - article titled, "The 20th Century in Bible Prophecy: What does Bible prophecy foretell for our day? Does it offer hope for our future?"

Scan of p. 5 - "But then it [the Bible] also speaks of a group of people preaching about the righteous kingdom of God, a war of God against all wickedness, followed by a paradise earth without death - all to be realized in the twentieth century."

Scan of p. 6.

Scan of p. 7 - "What kingdom? The kingdom of God that is to crush all present kingdoms of men. (Dan. 2:44) That now-operating kingdom in heaven will, within the twentieth century, cleanse the entire earth of wickedness."

Scan of p. 8 - "Revelation 16:16 calls it the 'war of the great day of God the Almighty,' Armageddon. This war will come in the twentieth century. It will come right on schedule ... ."

Full Awake! 1961 volume available HERE.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

ANNOMALY - Thank you for posting the '61 Awake quotes! For as much research as I've done on this subject, I don't think I've ever come across those before. Amazing.

I believe that bound volume is up in the attic. . .

• transhuman68
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

BOC, I only came across them fairly recently. Can't remember how but likely from another poster who quoted them. They were so eye-poppingly good, I marked and saved them for occasions just like this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit