Let's tally up, what has the WTS sold and how much money did they receive?

by skeeter1 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bluefluff
    Bluefluff

For info the Irish branch is still up for sale. Hasn't been sold yet as the Irish economy is suffering big time.

• Splash
    Splash

If something has been dedicated to God (branch, bethel, kingdom hall), how can that then be sold?

Can the same apply to my personal dedication, and I just change my mind too?

Splash

• dozy
    dozy

The UK properties will presumably be sold to part finance the new UK branch. They are ringfenced and held by the property holding arm IBSA ( the Societies trading division is Watch Tower Society of Britain. ) They are in the books at 71 million GBP ( 2012 ) but presumably with prime London property prices rocketing will be well north of that now - I would hazard a guess at least 100 million GBP or more.

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends47/0000216647_AC_20120831_E_C.pdf

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Karter= Clendon is perhaps the worst area in Manurewa.

• karter
    karter

joe134cd....you havent been to "Rendwick park"? karter.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Splash wrote: "If something has been dedicated to God (branch, bethel, kingdom hall), how can that then be sold?"

Thats is what they forget. I agree.

What will happen with the wall paintings. Can they scratch them off the walls? Will the new owners

overpaint the witness paintings. Or a the paintings transportable?

BTW Comparision: Hagia Sophia in Constantinopel was not only dedictated to the Logos, wisdom of God, its construction

took longer than a JW complex (537 until 1453), but it was longer in use than the latter. church, mosque ...

It even served as inspiration for islamic osmanic mosque. even for another monotheistic religion!

So this church is not only witness for God but for cultural development too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia

For what would NY Bethel or other branch offices be witnesses in the future ? not to forget:

in order that conservation and constant repairs could somewhen pay off ?

The best rentable fabric of the 20th century?

The highest tower where the most fear of armageddon or a tsunami was held?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit