JW.ORG link

by Pete Zahut 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was thinking about the thousands upon thousands of posts that have been made on this site over the years and all the valuable information contained in them. I was also thinking about all the years that this site was in existence before I stumbled upon it.

I wondered if from now on, if each person making a post on this site, put the words JW.ORG at the end of the title of their post or somewhere in the body of their post itself, if it would somehow drive those who are looking for JW.ORG to this site instead?

For example "What's up with those new literature carts ? JW.ORG

"Who's going to attend the International Assembly?" JW.ORG

Would that work?

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'd like to know the answer to that, too. I don't know much about that kind of stuff.

If it works, it would only work for those who, as you said, are "looking for" JW.org, as in using Google. It seems that most are going to type JW.org right into their address bars, though. I think that's why the org chose such a simple address... so people wouldn't have to search for it. They know what'll happen if people have to search and see all the other stuff that pops up. That'll be the end. If they have any sense, after that, their only interest in JWs will be the kind we have.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Appending "JW.ORG" can be automated through the site's code. However it seems to me like what is called black search engine optimization, don't know what the guys at Google would say xD

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Could the meta tags on the site itself include references to jw.org ?

Does Google allow you to meta tag another site ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bumped, because I like the thinking on this.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I will share in anything that brings people to this and to jwfacts site!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Thanks for your input so far....maybe the moderator of this site would know if this would work.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't know that much about it, but I don't think that would work. Anything posted from here would be ranked against the the actual JW.org site, I think there are a lot more of people accessing JW.org than people posting here, so they will show up first in the rankings. If you search JW discussion, then this board comes up at the top because it has been around longer, and JW.org does not have a discussion board feature.

It would take someone who really knew what they were doing to figure out a way to force JWN higher in the rankings to compete with JW.org.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

If we can have signatures, I would 100% have it in mine

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

This is a really good idea, and it would for sure pay off.. I work in SEO & Internet marketing, so I write for Search Engine rankings all the time.

Here are some of the top tactics we can use :

1. Use as many words in the Post Title as you are able.. Example "JW.org (Jehovah's Witness official Website Link) Watchtower.org"

2. The Title still needs to be relevant, to the posging, so don't use spam words.

3. The first 2 Sentences of the first post are the best place to insert additional keywords. You can repeat the words in the title here, example.. "Regarding The official link and website of Jehovah's Witnesses Watchtower Bible and Tract Society"

4. Make sure to insert Key Words regularly through tout the post, like "What is Watchtowers website" "org website for Jehovah's witness's" new world translation listen to online"

5. Using the same word over and over again, will not be effective. JW.org at the end of ALL posts wouldn't help, but if it was on some it would help.

6. When possible include links to other Relevant Posts on JWN into your post.. Like this http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/243317/1

7. Include Cities or States in your post, example "Bethel in Brooklyn New York"

8. link to other Relevant posts on other sites example - http://www.jwfacts.com/

9. Post links on other sites such as Ex JW Reddit linking to JWN or your post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit