Is it true that elders lurk the forums?

by make yourself 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't see how anyone could lurk here for long without realizing TTATT.

Doc

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

This whole big brother is watching you is so ridiculous. Just walk out the door and think of it as a bad dream

• stillin
    stillin

One local elder actually informed the congregation from the platform that there was actually a website called Jehovah's Witness that was an apostate website. Gasp!

he has recently removed himself as elder. Kind of makes me wonder...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If they lurk here, I say "welcome"!

They might learn something Of value to themselves or 'their flocks'

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Of course they do, this site is addictive. They learn more about their organization here than they ever will going to meetings and listening to circiut overseers.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

This place is like a secret cave full of all the facts you wish you were allowed to know about the society.....

I think A LOT more people are coming here than we realise....

• DJS
    DJS

I've posted this before, but I've taken note of the types of threads and OPs which typically run off the charts with views (not posts, just views). They are almost always about what's happening CURRENTLY in the Borg. Any post that concerns any changes or 'new light' re: the latest WT, OKM, DO, CO, BOE, GB immediately gets tons of views. That would suggest that there are a lot of current JW lurkers, and it would only be reasonable to conclude some of those lurkers are elders. Come on in, the water's fine!!!!

Simon could probably provide better numbers. Mine is simply an observation over time.

• twice shy
    twice shy

NY44m-Of course they do, this site is addictive. They learn more about their organization here than they ever will going to meetings and listening to circiut overseers.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN! It keeps you searching more and more as the truth unfolds. I just came to realize my search has been because of the lack of spiritual food received. The food was insufficient for nurturing my spiritual health.

Gee thanks everyone

• DJS
    DJS

For example, a well responded to post may get 10 to 20 times the number of views as posts. Granted, some of those 'views' are from posters, so the 'science' is at best fuzzy. However, note this post. Only 27 posts but over 1500 views. It would be of major interest to lurking Borgians, likely not so much to those who have been out for over a year or two. Hi y'all!!!!

• Giordano
    Giordano

I discovered this site (still my favorite of the ex witness sites) when after being out 45 or so years I wondered one day how the JW's were doing (population wise) and of course when you put JW in the goggle search out pops all kinds of stuff.

On one site I lurked in a conversation about pioneering. It was laugh out loud funny and even after all of the years that had passed I understood what everyone was saying because I had experienced the very same things when I was a pioneer. So that sort of hooked me.

As far as Elders lurking with the expressed purpose of outing someone I imagine that happens but probably far more so on facebook. Considering how many countries are represented on this site and how many posters there are and how identical the stories/situations can be I'd guess you'd have to be pretty revealing to get caught.

It took me three years to work out to my complete satisfaction the TTATT back in the 1960's now it would take about one day and one site like jwfacts.com.

Now that the Society was forced to establish an internet web site and encourage members to use the site online activity will doom the WT.

Scieneology forbids the internet and the Mormons are finding out the truth about Joseph Smith.

The more Elders lurk the better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit