Tattoo Ideas

by Jon Preston 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• happy@last
    happy@last

I have lyrics on my arm going round my bicep, I wanted them a bit like a chain, I found a font called BM CHAIN which I used

http://www.dafont.com/bm-chain.font

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

I have 3 tattoos and I love them all. I'm going to be getting the sentiment "Make Good Art." from Neil Gaiman tattooed in something "bookish". Like you with your sentiment, "Make good art" is a phrase that has gotten me through so many points in my life...

For worded sentiments I suggest going simple, a good clean font, easy to read... no banners or anything to clutter up the statement... but that's my tastes.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

OH... also, don't underestimate a good tattoo artist. Work with them, they can tell you what works visually and what will work with ink on skin... which is a tricky medium on its own. A good artist should be able to take the phrase you want, with any other elements, and give you a design that will work on the particular anatomy that you want to display the art on. :-)

Good Luck! (and I want to see pics too!)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey Jon,

If you put the words from the whole song on a tat, you are going to need a very very log arm, or huge back!!!

Sorry, couldnt resist!

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit