Circuit Overseer says the Theocretic Ministry School may become a thing of the past

by Brother Mike 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

My congregation was in charge of host week where the D.O. And C.O. Spend the week with a congregation the week before an Assembly. Of course the D.O. Didn't show up because he was "sick" so the C.O. Gave a 45 minute talk Instead. Anyway he started off talking about the Assembly and how there will be refinements about wording because of the new silver sword we received. Also he touched on the Theocretic ministry school being a thing of the past because of the assembly days now becoming 1 day instead of 2 something has to give, and it would most likely be the school. Although he didn't confirm this he also didn't deny it. He continued to say the organization is moving rapidly and we need to keep up. I am not sure if he meant they just will not have the school at the assembly's anymore or it also includes the school every week. (Hard to see them leave that behind, but it was implied).

Thanks for reading.

Your friend stuck on the inside, BroMike

• fakefading
    fakefading

It will most likely just be cut from the assembly and not from the weekly meetings.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

He continued to say the organization is moving rapidly and we need to keep up

That is ridiculous. Where, exactly, is it going?

The leaders of the WTBTS make nonsensical changes in doctrine rather than admit they have no idea what Jesus meant at Matthew 24:45.

They make sweeping policy changes which are clearly financially motivated to protect the organizaton.

• sir82
    sir82

Based on the context of what you reported, it sounds like he is saying there will be no more TMS at the circuit events.

• 88JM
    88JM

That makes sense if other rumors are true that assembly's are being cut down to a two-day district/"regional" and two special assembly days - they'll be keeping the programs as lean as possible.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

How was it implied that the TMS was to be cut from weekly meetings? As it looks to us that he meant it would be cut from the assembly itself.

If it was cut from the assembly and since they will be all 1 day does that mean they will reintroduce a meeting during assembly week? Because at the moment the midweek meeting is cancelled when there is any assembly at the weekend...

• blondie
    blondie

I think someone is reading more into that statement...just eliminated from the circuit assembly (not on the DC anyway) EDITED

*** km 4/10 p. 8 Announcements ***During the weeks of the district convention, circuit assembly, and special assembly day, the congregation will not have the Congregation Bible Study, the Theocratic Ministry School, and the Service Meeting. This being the case, we encourage all to consider the material for these three meetings on a personal basis, such as during your Family Worship evening.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Excuse my ignorance......silver sword?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Silver Sword is the new bible Paula

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Angus

So does that mean the NWT Bible that I have in my wardrobe/cupboard/knicker draw/attic...or wherever...is no longer valid/useful/up-to-date/TRUE ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit