First year without Memorial

by sp74bb 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Veterans: How do you feel after some many years?

After 25 years I wouldn't even know when it was if I didn't look on this forum. Weird ritual in crazy cult who think they are never going to die. And they think we are mentally diseased!

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

This is the first memorial that my family has missed. My wife and I did not miss going at all. We did enjoy going to visit my Mom, Step father, and sisters. It was a great time. They are overjoyed that we are no longer JW.s. We always stayed close, but a huge barrier has come down. So it is great to be free and enjoying life.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They last several I went to were sad, lonely and boring, so I did not miss them. I wouldn't even know it was memorial if I didn't come here. For Easter, my husband and I met for brunch with his brother and sister-in-law, on the water in Sausilito. We had a seafood platter and a salumi and cheese platter, I had a glass of chardonay, the weather was great. Now we are sitting on the patio with gin and tonics Life is good.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

It was our first to miss. My teen is relieved I woke up.

I walk/jog this bridge and route near where 5 or 6 congregations meet for the Memorial. I completely forgot about this until I parked and met my nonJW friend. She knows the whole story of me waking up and understood my trepidation. I did end up seeing a few JW's I knew, from a block away. It was ending and already dark, so they didn't seem to notice us.

When I got back home, I checked out Facebook and saw the posts of different "friends" about their memorial and how it could be the last. It's disappointing to see how heavy the delusion is, but I can't dwell on it. Life goes on. Carpe Diem is my motto.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit