First year without Memorial

by sp74bb 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

My first year after more than 20 years...

It seems strange. Happy fellings but at the same times feeling some loniness.

Is your first one as well?

Veterans: How do you feel after some many years?

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Not my first missed. My first "missed" one involved going but staying in the lobby with my friend's disabled child and avoiding 90% of it. Last year I just didn't go. I only missed the getting dressed up part. This year I haven't actually thought about it much since it has no significance to me. The bible clearly states that all Christians should partake and while I have come to more agnostic leanings, I think that for a so-called Christian religion they have it all wrong anyway (regardless of my personal theological leanings) by "prohibiting" the partaking of the emblems by all.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I began waking up rouglhy during the summer of 2003, but I kept going to meetings for another two years or so. For a few years I was 99% out, but that last 1% exercises a huge influence over your life.

The last memorial I can remember going to voluntarily (without family begging me to go) was in 2007. I had already discovered this site and was completely out mentally but something about the indoctrination wouldn't allow me to stay at home. It's difficult and for some it's harder than others.

• Laika
    Laika

I'm at the memorial right this second! Seemed fitting to visit JWN right now. :) First meeting in 10 months and I feel incredibly grateful to be out.

• krejames
    krejames

First one I've missed ever. the only thing that bothers me is when my mum asks if I went. always hated the event itself so no love lost there.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

My first one missed was in 2011 and it is a jolt, at least it was for me. This year makes my fourth one missed and I don't think much about it anymore.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This was my 9th missed REJECT Astaroth Party. I simply blew them off. The day when the first one I missed was held, I got a Ouija board instead of going.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It was my first one of my life (36!! yearssss) ... My family went... I putted on my 3D glassess... Put on my TV... and watched "Gravity". Very good movie and better then giving wine to someone else without sipping...

it was weird in some way but... It was worth it :)

• twice shy
    twice shy

First missed since learning the Real Truth. I felt a little empty, but kept thinking about all the lies and so forth helped me get dressed in a different attire and hop on the rode and take the family out for dinner still. Didn't see why we had to let that part of the evening go.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Twice shy: same here. This was my first missed memorial. I took my son out to dinner. I had spent the weekend with my daughters and wanted some alone time with my son. I stayed up late with my daughter and watched the blood moon.

I think I would have felt lonelier if I would have went . I hate the polite smiles, small talk and the feeling of being an outsider. I enjoyed dinner instead.

Miss.Fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit