Looking for BOE letter regarding DF'd at memorial

by Dutchdelight 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Interesting quote from the 50's

*** w58 8/1 p. 478 Questions From Readers ***

Since an individual is not disfellowshiped because of having voluntarily taken a blood transfusion or having approved of a dear one’s accepting a blood transfusion, you have no right to bar this sister from the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal. As an anointed member of Christ’s body she is under orders and command by Christ Jesus to partake. Whether she is unfaithful as to what she professes to be by virtue of taking the emblems of the Lord’s Evening Meal is something for Jehovah God to determine himself. His judgment begins at the house of God. It is not for you or anyone serving the Memorial emblems to act as the judge, but to allow the emblems to go to anyone in the audience as these are passed along in the normal manner of letting each one have the opportunity to partake.

• Leeca
    Leeca

When i attended the memorial while DF'ed about 19 years ago, i was sitting at the back on the end (don't know about now but back then DF'ed people had to sit right at the back). When the 'brother' came to pass me the emblem an 'elder' literally ran down the isle, grabbed the emblem & said u can't give them to her! Not only was it embarrising for me the brother who was going to give it to me looked completely mortified. Unfortunately this didn't wake me up, still took a few more years yo-yoing in & out of the "truth", until i finally left for good.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A straw? A straw? God can't deal with d'f'd cootie bugs or something. I used to be so nervous as the emblems went around. Armageddon was supposed to come any second. I was so afraid someone would partake and Armageddon would start.

When AIDS was strong in NY, many church members insisted on the common chalice - after researchers said it was safe. In fact, people who never received communion before received communion as a sign of solidarity. The WT has a temper tantrum God. It is sad and pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit