BLOOD MOON and

by NAVYTOWN 15 Replies latest jw friends

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Had anyone heard any JWs talk about the fact that a Blood Moon lunar eclipse is going to happen on the night of the Memorial? I can't imagine that at least SOME Witnesses aren't saying this event is a Biblical 'sign' that Amageddon is getting VERY close. There will be FOUR Blood Moons between now and Fall 2015.....a very rare celestial happening. In any event, it should be worth staying up late to watch this lunar eclipse late Monday night/ early Tuesday morning.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

My parents sure have been talking about 'the end' more than usual lately, but they haven't said anything about the blood moon. I know there's some christians out there who do believe it will be some kind of biblical prophecy being fullfilled though, there was even a book about it that came out last year I believe.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is not a "very rare celestial happening", lunar eclipses are common they happen everytime when the Moon passes directly behind the Earth. There is nothing significant about them.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Where I live only the partial eclipse will be visible

• prologos
    prologos

walking & boarding out yesterday evening, one could already see the close, -and building- alignment of the setting Sun, the horizons and the almost full Moon.

Neighbours talking about it,

without mentioning Pass Over, Easter or the Me-morial.,

or the -for crying out loud- cycle in the Crimea.- kraine

Good, non-meddling neighbours.

enjoying the warmth of the other repeating, predictable cycles/seasons of nature

• cofty
    cofty

There is no such thing as a "blood moon", it's a silly phrase some fundie preacher made up.

The Jewish calendar is based on a lunar cycle, off corse it's a full moon on Passover and eclipses are nothing unusual.

• prologos
    prologos

It is the earth's ring-shaped sunset colours projected, refracted into it's shadow.

with a bad day, the colour can happen even without an alignment, a bad case of pollution would do.

• Iamallcool
  • new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Cofty i didnt realize the phraze.." there is blood on the moon" came from a preacher. Matter of fact i thought it was cowboy language about stampedes. live and learn. Thats why i like this site.

• sir82
    sir82

Curiously, I got an e-mail caontaining a link to an article about the "blood moon" - the link pointed to some fundy preaching site.

The e-mail came from a brain-dead loyal JW ministerial servant.

Perhaps they are getting desperate enough to clutch at any straw, even if it comes from "Babylon the Great"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit