Factual, false, or phenomenon?

by stillin 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

JW's, I'm fairly certain that only two of these guys could ever have spoken with each other. But you are probably right about the conspiracy theorist profile that fits many Witnesses. I imagine that if I were to even mention "the Jewish People" that I would probably be accepted by these guys as one "in the know." What a crock of doody!

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think that many brothers in the Org especially newly associated ones feel like nobodys. There are elders all around with great resposibilities in the cong and giving other brothers responsibilities. These newly associated ones want to feel more powerful than they actually are. They have baught in the whole WT world and want all the brothers to respect them as they see the elders are respected by the flock, I think they are ambitious for power and yes I believe you have been fed nonsense by at least some of them.

Kate xx

• stillin
    stillin

I had to resurrect this thread. Since the last comment, I have met two more newly-associated brothers who were special forces military operatives.

I have to add that I have no desire to undermine their faith in Jehovah, however misplaced it may be. The one guy who I am getting to know fairly well needs absolution. He needs hope and some sort of order in his life. He is no conformist. The congregation holds him at arm's length because he is "different." He didn't cut his hair like a religious fanatic. He didn't rush out and buy a cheap suit. He knows he will not likely ever be appointed as an elder, but he doesn't care because he has hope now.

I sense that he is the real deal. It isn't my place to correct somebody's choice of beliefs, unless there is concrete, scientific, factual evidence to share. It's all invisible stuff. You can believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and nobody can prove you wrong.

But the phenomenon of enlisted men with bloody pasts seems to keep on giving...

• amicabl
    amicabl
    I found this thread interesting. Living near us in this semi rural area in Aus is a "brother " who served with the American special forces with the Hmong people in the Vietnam war. He has a badly smashed up hip and according to his wife had a really bad time in the war. So these people do become JWs. I thought this was of note because of some of the previous comments.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

People who have gone through bad even traumatic experiences of one form or another can be in a vulnerable state and in that state embrace a belief system that will alleviate that stress that they are going through with a hope that they can cling on to and give them hope.

It is not a phenomenon that is restricted to JW`s. only.Many groups religious and otherwise offer such hope.

The Bible says that "hope is the assured expectation of things hoped for "

however false hope is a prescription for disaster emotionally ,physically ,and mentally.

• waton
    waton

amicable just finished reading the book: "A nice place to have a war" about CIA, Air America, Udorn, Hmong, Laos.

Even some of the Missionaries in Indochina were "characters".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit