The Dilaudid Delusion

by Zoos 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Maybe you need to slow down the detox schedule. Again, call your md. I tried to figure out things b/c I did not want to bother the md so much. Of course, I am a wimp so I only made subtle changes. The next step was that I had no choice but to call the md b/c I was on my way to the ER. I know how odd you can feel.

• Zoos
    Zoos

ABibleStudent, yes, I have done just that. A few walks, in fact, and I felt a lot better afterwards. It got me away from these walls. Change of scenery.

NonJWSpouse, that's a good idea. The pharmacist would know more about the details of these drugs than a medical doctor whose lens is focused on treating a problem - and nothing else. I should have thought of that myself as I happen to know a retired pharmacist. Thank you.

Band on the Run, so you know all about it! The cold, clammy feeling I can handle. The cramps were uncomfortable and the diarrhea was manageable, the puking...there CANNOT be anymore puking, not with the surgery on my cervical spine I just had. Nevertheless, it was the despair and crying that got my attention. All the feedback I have received from you folks seems to confirm what the clinic was telling me.

Thanks again guys for all the encouragement. I feel a lot better now that I have taken the advice of the treatment clinic and raised my Dilaudid levels temporarily for the sake of coming down slower, more safely. That seems to be the main key. I was going too fast and it knocked me on my tail.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, going slow is the key, it took me four months to get off Cymbalta. Some people had to open the capsules and count out the grains, they don't even make a small enough dosage to taper off with. There is a board for people getting off Cymbalta, perhaps there is one for your drug as well.

All the info on how hard it was to taper off was in a web page, but it was well hidden and written in a very deceiving way. There are irreversible changes to the brain from only one month of Cymbalta usage. I think they should inform you about something like that before you get addicted.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Are you receiving medical advice for this?

Also, are you getting support from your friends in recovery?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Are you receiving medical advice for this?

Also, are you getting support from your friends in recovery?

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

When my brother, who is a recovered addict now for about 35 years, underwent surgery he always asked a family member to be in charge of handing out the drugs.

I think you should be involved with either your doctor or someone to assist you through this. Is this possible for you?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Usually when I am experiencing withdrawals from one type of drug, I just substitute it with another drug with different effects.

Coming off a downer > Take an upper

• Zoos
    Zoos

Rebel, as a matter of fact I did speak to someone in recovery and he suggested I hit a few meetings, despite the fact that I have not gone to one in many years. Not only to get out of the house - which seems to be a big part of the gloom and doom closing in around me - but to possibly meet someone who has dealt with this particular drug.

Anyway... it's the following morning now and I'm feeling a lot better. I feel like my head is back on straight. I'll be stepping this down about 1 mg a day rather than the 28mg to 20mg to 12mg to 6mg schedule I had myself on.

Thanks again everyone.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well it's a good idea to connect with others at this point, even though you are feeling well. Just to be on the safe side.

Glad you're ok. Stay that way!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I've been lucky to never suffer chemical addictions, but I have had a couple of drug reactions. Have a real, live,supportive person close to you as much as you can stand it. Someone that can hear you without judging and who can truly "be there" for YOU at this time. At least till the suicidal thoughts are gone.

Take care. You seem like you have overcome a lot. You can do this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit