Celebrating WTBTS Memorials in Public Venues

by ABibleStudent 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I'd put up a poster or hand out fliers explaining why the moonies are a cult, instead of talking about the JWs.

If anyone asks why, I'd say I'm there at the hotel because a bunch of moonies are staying at the hotel for a convention in town, and you are trying to help them out of their cult...maybe I'd say I am an ex-moonie... Maybe I had have some pictures of their mass weddings and reverend Moon and his literature...And connect them to BITE thought control...

Nothing at all to do with JWs so they don't have to avoid it... just plant some seeds about what makes a cult...

Maybe leave fliers around the hotel and/or parking lot that say:

Members of the Unification Church Beware! Reverend Moon was a fraud and you are in a cult!

The Unification Church (The "Moonies") uses BITE mind control methods of cults to control the thinking of their followers:

BITE THOUGHT CONTROL:
    Behavior Control

1. Regulate individual’s physical reality
    2. Dictate where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates or isolates
    3. When, how and with whom the member has sex
    4. Control types of clothing and hairstyles
    5. Regulate diet - food and drink, hunger and/or fasting
    6. Manipulation and deprivation of sleep
    7. Financial exploitation, manipulation or dependence
    8. Restrict leisure, entertainment, vacation time
    9. Major time spent with group indoctrination and rituals and/or self indoctrination including the Internet
    10. Permission required for major decisions
    11. Thoughts, feelings, and activities (of self and others) reported to superiors
    12. Rewards and punishments used to modify behaviors, both positive and negative
    13. Discourage individualism, encourage group-think
    14. Impose rigid rules and regulations
    15. Instill dependency and obedience

Information Control

1. Deception:
    a. Deliberately withhold information
    b. Distort information to make it more acceptable
    c. Systematically lie to the cult member
    2. Minimize or discourage access to non-cult sources of information, including:
    a. Internet, TV, radio, books, articles, newspapers, magazines, other media
    b.Critical information
    c. Former members
    d. Keep members busy so they don’t have time to think and investigate
    e. Control through cell phone with texting, calls, internet tracking
    3. Compartmentalize information into Outsider vs. Insider doctrines
    a. Ensure that information is not freely accessible
    b.Control information at different levels and missions within group
    c. Allow only leadership to decide who needs to know what and when
    4. Encourage spying on other members
    a. Impose a buddy system to monitor and control member
    b.Report deviant thoughts, feelings and actions to leadership
    c. Ensure that individual behavior is monitored by group
    5. Extensive use of cult-generated information and propaganda, including:
    a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audiotapes, videotapes, YouTube, movies and other media
    b.Misquoting statements or using them out of context from non-cult sources
    6. Unethical use of confession
    a. Information about sins used to disrupt and/or dissolve identity boundaries
    b. Withholding forgiveness or absolution
    c. Manipulation of memory, possible false memories

Thought Control

1. Require members to internalize the group’s doctrine as truth
    a. Adopting the group's ‘map of reality’ as reality
    b. Instill black and white thinking
    c. Decide between good vs. evil
    d. Organize people into us vs. them (insiders vs. outsiders)
    2.Change person’s name and identity
    3. Use of loaded language and clichés which constrict knowledge, stop critical thoughts and reduce complexities into platitudinous buzz words
    4. Encourage only ‘good and proper’ thoughts
    5. Hypnotic techniques are used to alter mental states, undermine critical thinking and even to age regress the member
    6. Memories are manipulated and false memories are created
    7. Teaching thought-stopping techniques which shut down reality testing by stopping negative thoughts and allowing only positive thoughts, including:
    a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking
    b. Chanting
    c. Meditating
    d. Praying
    e. Speaking in tongues
    f. Singing or humming
    8. Rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism
    9. Forbid critical questions about leader, doctrine, or policy allowed
    10. Labeling alternative belief systems as illegitimate, evil, or not useful

Emotional Control

1. Manipulate and narrow the range of feelings – some emotions and/or needs are deemed as evil, wrong or selfish
    2. Teach emotion-stopping techniques to block feelings of homesickness, anger, doubt
    3. Make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault
    4. Promote feelings of guilt or unworthiness, such as
    a. Identity guilt
    b. You are not living up to your potential
    c. Your family is deficient
    d. Your past is suspect
    e. Your affiliations are unwise
    f. Your thoughts, feelings, actions are irrelevant or selfish
    g. Social guilt
    h. Historical guilt
    5. Instill fear, such as fear of:
    a. Thinking independently
    b. The outside world
    c. Enemies
    d. Losing one’s salvation
    e. Leaving or being shunned by the group
    f. Other’s disapproval
    6. Extremes of emotional highs and lows – love bombing and praise one moment and then declaring you are horrible sinner
    7. Ritualistic and sometimes public confession of sins
    8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority
    a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group
    b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc.
    c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family
    d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll
    e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

HI villagegirl, Thank you for your concern, but I'm a retail trader and less adversely affected by high-frequency traders then large pension/hedge funds and market makers. Independent research and critically thinking is important when reading news stories - especially when someone may be plugging their book.

Any active retail trader knows that high-frequency traders help increase market liquidity by tightening the bid-offer spread. High-frequency traders may be able to beat large orders to different exchanges, but no one knows where the market will be headed in 1 minute versus in hours, days, or weeks. High-frequency traders may adversely impact filling orders for traders who trade > 10,000's of contracts, verses I, who trades less than 20 contracts and can be filled at one exchange. There are also tactics to counter-act perceived advantages of high-frequency trading like spreading large orders into smaller orders and sequencing orders to arrive at all exchanges within millisecond.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi lisaBObeesa, Interesting idea! Thanks for the tip. I will visit the Unification Church website and see what they write about cults.

Robert

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I will visit the Unification Church website and see what they write about cults.

Not sure how that would help you...since they are a cult...Maybe you misunderstood my post, or maybe I misunderstand why you would go to their website...

I got the info that they are a cult from the website of Steven Hassan, the ex-Moonie ( meaning ex-unification church member).

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi lisaBObeesa, I know that the Unification Church is a dangerous cult and that Steve Hassan is a former member. I would like to get a screen shot from the Unification Church saying that they are not a cult to replace the screen shot from www.jw.org describing what is a cult to the WTBTS so that I can get past a JWs shields.

Robert

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I suggest you see a local lawyer. It does not sound like public property to me. Frankly, I think the face paint with JWFacts is a good idea.If you stand perfectly still. Someone with the mayoral campaign glued a flyer to my car window. I was not happy. There is no way I would vote for the candidate. Someone attending a memorial is not a likely candidate to recruit. They will be there with a Witness friend or acquaintance. The Witness will be upset and you will be blamed. Normal people don't hate Witnesses the way we do. Witnesses are an annoyance while you are eating pancakes.

The more people learn critical thinking skills in all areas, the harder it will be for Witnesses to recruit. When I campaigned for politicians in the 1960s, I now realize that I might have caused people not to vote for my candidate. It is a tough road to discern. You want people to exit the Witnesses not bond with them over your poor behavior. You can't explain all Witness doctrines and culture in a few minutes.

My father's rabid hatred of RCS made me respect RCs.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hi lisaBObeesa, I know that the Unification Church is a dangerous cult and that Steve Hassan is a former member. I would like to get a screen shot from the Unification Church saying that they are not a cult to replace the screen shot from www . jw . org describing what is a cult to the WTBTS so that I can get past a JWs shields.

Robert

Oh, I see! Sorry I'm slow! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit