Celebrating WTBTS Memorials in Public Venues

by ABibleStudent 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses is having a Memorial Celebration on April 14, 2014 at 7:05 PM PST at the Westlake Hyatt in Westlake Village, CA, USA.

I am thinking about greeting celebratants as they leave with poster(s) and business cards with QR codes for www.jwfacts.com and www.freedomofmind.com. My intent is not to debate or convert "Spiritual Strong" (non-thinking) JWs, but to provide life-saving information to "Spiritually Weak" (still thinking) JWs suffering from the WTBTS's "undue influence" and Bite control. I might even be eating crackers (and cheese) and drinking red wine at the exit.

My plan is to place up to three posters across from the exit of the celebration and then place business-size cards with "Critically Think for Yourself" and QR codes on the back. I want the elders/MS to focus on the posters and me at the exit while allowing JWs to pick-up the business-size cards as they exit the building. Another option is to place business-size cards on the windshields of cars in the parking lot.

I have not decided whether to do this or not. I don't like confrontations and I am better at having conversations with people than debates with a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW elder/MS. Right now it is just an idea to think about.

Here is one poster that I created. I would also create another poster that features "Celebrating ~ 130 years (1878 to 2014) of Watchtower Failed Prophecies and Flip-Flopping Doctrines" with QR codes to www.jwfacts.com and possibly a third poster "Following the Teachings and Example of Jesus Christ instead of a Dangerous Cult".

What do you think?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• designs
    designs

Locally the congregations got together and rented a big Resort's chapel.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

BITE control means nothing to them and will not likely entice them much. And besides, if the used car salesman was a JW, they WOULD buy a car from him! Calling it a dangerous cult will keep all but the total apostates already in attendance from giving it a second glance. I like the headline though.

My understanding is that they have parking lot patrols, so getting on site might be difficult. Can you get a nearby location and use banners/posters?

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Just get a room.

Go for a swim in your favorite Speedo.

Towel off.

Write JWFacts.com in black marker on your forehead.

Pop into the gathering on your way back from the pool.

Try to time it just as the final prayer ends, and loudly ask, "Is this where the refreshments are? I heard there was a free wine tasting open to the public."

• never a jw
    never a jw

Hi ABS,

You seem to live in area that I visit quite frequently. I service office equipment in the entire county actually. I am curious about what apostates look like. I have never met one. I am not an apostate because I never got baptized, so my reflection in the mirror doesn' help. I bet you guys have horns and tails. Let's meet

• Island Man
    Island Man

To help a JW you have to think like a JW.

Calling them a cult is not going to get their attention. It would actually be counter-productive. You will only get them to put up their defenses and see you as just a slandersous apostate as per Watchtower's portrayal of apostates.

They will read the title that says "critically think for yourself" and in their minds they will think: "See? He is so far gone he's now promoting independent thinking. Blind aposate!". You would only be confirming all the prejudices and indoctrination that Watchtower has planted in their minds.

The best way to help a JW is to use scripture and Watchtower's own arguments and reasoning to show them the hypocrisy and flaws in Watchtower teachings and policy. Avoid using terms and reasonings that would trigger their indoctrination and validate the Watchtower propaganda they've been fed.

Here's an idea for a poster:

"The first to state his case seems right, Until the other party comes and cross-examines him." - Proverbs 18:17

If you listen only to the first party you could be decieved by his seemingly right but false claims. You have to also scrutinize the claims of the opposing party to determine what is the whole truth.

Would you trust a judge who instructs the jury to listen only to the defense and to refuse to see any evidence or hear any submissions from the prosecution?

Dictatorial and unethical regimes use censorship to keep the populace ignorant of certain inconvenient truths. Ignorance facilitates deception and manipulation.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks for reading everyone. A guy has got to dream sometimes for good things to happen to people "unduly influenced" by BITE control, such as critically thinking for oneself.

@ never a jw, Yes, I live in the Conejo Valley. I'm not an apostate - NEVER BAPTIZED A JW, and NO HORNS or TAILS either. LOL

I was only adversely affected by the WTBTS. If you want to read my introducation/story, click on the thread (Belated) Hello.

If you want to meet, just PM me. My mornings until 1:00 PM PST are busy trading options, searching for jobs in the area, and posting on JWN. It looks like this coming week I may be very busy trading because of a possibiilty of increasing volatility in the markets.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The event is done to comply with Jesus's command, to this in rememberance of me.

The point is THEY DO NOT DO IT, they REFUSE the wine and the bread, therefore

rejecting Christ. Their problem is resting their entire theology of the conecept

there is a "faithful and discreet slave" or that this phrase means centralized authority.

How about a sign saying ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD PARTAKE, THATS WHAT JESUS SAID

THE SOLE CHANNEL OF COMMUNICATIN BETWEEN MAN AND GOD IS JESUS CHRIST NOT

EIGHT MEN.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

ABIBLESTUDENT - Please read the April 6th New York Times Magazine;

on High Speed Electronic Trading and how it is manipulated by millisecond traders

and rigged computers that work in split seconds and who see your trade and front run it.

search IEX on the Internet.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Here's an idea for a poster:

"The first to state his case seems right, Until the other party comes and cross-examines him." - Proverbs 18:17

If you listen only to the first party you could be decieved by his seemingly right but false claims. You have to also scrutinize the claims of the opposing party to determine what is the whole truth.

Would you trust a judge who instructs the jury to listen only to the defense and to refuse to see any evidence or hear any submissions from the prosecution?

Dictatorial and unethical regimes use censorship to keep the populace ignorant of certain inconvenient truths. Ignorance facilitates deception and manipulation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit