No Memorial invitation for us :)

by truthseekeriam 14 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

This morning as my husband and I were backing out of our garage to head out to the farmers market a JW was walking up our walkway with his invitation. He didn't see us and we didn't rocongnize him but a brother and sister we knew well actually looked our way. We decided not to bother and went our way to enjoy a lovely morning picking out fresh fruit and vegetables knowing when we got home the invitation would be stuffed in our door. Well to our surprise all our neighbors had them sticking out their doors but not ours..lol. I just had o snicker thinking the couple who knew us actually must have sent that poor guy back to retrieve that cheap piece of paper because we're such bad people That didn't deserve it.

It's so hard to Imagine just a few years ago I sat and cried with this sister sharing what happened to my child! These people are heartless pure and simple, I'm so glad we moved on from the conditional fake love they have for one another.

• LV101
    LV101

No invitation for me - hee hee! I guess were just too special, truthseekeriam.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That we are, LV101 :)

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

JW's have very little personal power and they use the little bit they are allowed, any time they can....especially when there's an opportunity to make themselves feel extra virtuous at someone else's expense.

Boy....they really showed you didn't they ?? What a burn LOL !

• factfinder
    factfinder

I did not get an invitation either. I don't get invites to the conventions either and a sister who had been bringing me the magazines and literature has not brought anything by since January.

Even my jw brother never sends me any invites.

• chickpea
    chickpea

a friend, an "unbeliever" i actually met whilst still in the cult, called to say the JWs were passing out invitations in town ( i live on the outskirts, and as an aside, we hosted book study and mtgs for FS for over a decade)

i told her i wouldnt be getting one because i have hung out the "no trespassing" sign... what i lovingly call my easter decoration...

we laughed

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Neither did we? Pleasent suprise.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow, if my husband will seek out a KH in the beach town we are visiting for our daughters spring break.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I don't get an invitation either. Everyone around here knows I am an "apostate!". It is nice not to be disturbed by their foolishness.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Well, I just got mine. I came downstairs from a shower and had a missed call and a voicemail from 20 minutes earlier. It was an elder I really liked. He invited me to tomorrow’s memorial services. Mrs. Dazed said to just ignore it. I told her, “If I continue to ignore them, they will continue to bug me.”

So I decided to send a text. “I respectfully decline this invitation and any future invitations. Please do not contact me again. Thank you.”

Short and sweet. Hope they get it this time…

lol... just listened to it again... it was directed to just me. Not to the whole family. He didn't ask Mrs. Dazed?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Yesterday morning, sitting with my daughter on our front porch, just basking in the sun, relaxing and enjoying the fresh air, a car pulls up.

I turned to her and say, "Do you think those are JW's with an invite?"

It was.

I told the Brother (I have known him for 20 years) "I cannot talk about this.

It makes me ill".

He kept on talking.

I was ill all evening.

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit