My 45 Minute Conversation With JWs Today

by cofty 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

Marking

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes a good way to breakdown the cult mindset is to, as you say "appeal to the authentic personality", I think it is a method employed by exit counsellors.

I just wonder though you said they "knew your name" assuming they were told you are apostate why did they engage with you for so long is'nt the counsel to not talk to apostates? What was their motivation? Will they be "spoken to" by elder Ray when they return?

I don't doubt your experience in any way I am just confused as to why they would speak to a known apostate for so long about apostate things reasonably or otherwise. Very strange.

But putting my paranoia about active jw's aside, kudos to you.

• clarity
    clarity

Good for you Cofty

• LV101
    LV101

You are a gift, Cofty! They may start thinking.

• factfinder
    factfinder

marked

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

marked

• cofty
    cofty

I am just confused as to why they would speak to a known apostate for so long

That is the problem they give themselves by standing in a busy public place with 2 trolleys. I think it was a combination of having no reasonable way of getting away, the fact that I was calm and friendly and that Matt is obviously more reasonable than many JWs.

I told him about the letter he will hearing about very soon concerning contributions. I said that when it is read to the congregation he should think about what I told him. He had no idea about the history of the organisation so I think he was also curious to hear how things used to be.

I'm off to the hills for a walk but will share some more details later.

• steve2
    steve2

Good work cofty. The new ones seldom know much at all about the organization's history. Oh I just love the innocent and sweet comment about monkeys in the zoo. That pretty much sums up the level of intellectual rigor within the organisation.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It's nice to see that you want to be helpful to any JWs you have never met before. You seemed to show a genuine interest in the Polish JW that could speak English. He probably chated to his friend about what you said, we all know they don't have much else to do.

I look forward to more details of how the conversation went.

Kate xx

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

cofty:You have to feel good being able to offer help to those you spoke with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit