Did you count the time for your "hour talk"?

by compound complex 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

ALWAYS!

• NotNew
    NotNew

Yes. However I only gave 5

SW

• TheListener
    TheListener

Counted public talk time of 45 minutes. Didn't count preparing time. I did not count time for any other talks or parts.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes...but I never count properly anyway!

Mine just average out at an exagerated guess anyway...in fact my wife and I dont even talk about the reports...when I get a reminder email from the 'brothers' to submit ours, I just make up time and placements etc...for both of us!

I know that my wife knows this, and I think she is happy I do it for her...but she never actually asks what time I wrote in for her...I guess that way she doesnt feel guilty for lying, as she didnt actually do it herself!?

And yes...count all the preparation time for PT as well as the delivery....why not? I view it as time sacrificed from doing something actualy of interest or value!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I counted an hour for a public talk, but back then they were 55 minutes long...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Absolutely. It was always my understanding that you should count time. Even though the talk was 45 minutes I always counted at least an hour. However, keep in mind that towards the end, my reporting time had nothing to do with my actual activity (if you know what I mean).

• compound complex
    compound complex

THANK YOU!

CC

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 9/92 p. 7 Announcements ***

On pages 103-4 of Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry, direction is given as to what may be included in reporting hours of field service. Some have wondered whether a publisher who interprets for a speaker giving a public talk may count the time. Yes, both speaker and interpreter may include in their field service reports the time thus spent.

*** km 9/88 p. 3 par. 5 Report Field Service Accurately ***

It seems appropriate to include a reminder that your field service time should start when you begin your witness work and end when you finish your last call in each witnessing period. Thus, time taken for refreshments or meals during a break from field service would not be counted as field service activity. Those giving public talks may count the time actually spent delivering these. (See Our Ministry, page 104, paragraph 1.) By being conscientious in reporting our field service, we will all contribute to the accurate report that is published in the Yearbook.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

About time: My pioneer friend had a call-- 2 hours away!! We got in the car and started our time traveling to location. Pios know all the tricks.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Shit! F#*k! why didn't I think of that back when I was pioneering where the need was great! My first year I had to give 35 or so one hour talks so our little congregation could pay back the other KH's for all of the speakers they sent to us. Plus this was a large circuit very spread out........ minimum trip to a hall was an hour each way!

Oh well after a couple of older brothers schooled me in getting one's time started I more then made up for that lost opportunity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit