Did you count the time for your "hour talk"?

by compound complex 32 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Wanna talk more, Phizzy, when I get home from work . . . excellent post!

THANKS.

CC

• Syme
    Syme

I counted my public talk time. I counted 1 hour when I gave 45' talk, and 1/2 hour when I gave a 30' talk (after the recent change). That includes memorial talks.

I did not count any other kind of talk.

Of course, when I went for a talk to a distant congregation, I used to take along with me at least 1 unbaptized publisher, so the actual counting was a lot more than 1 hour.

• L3G
    L3G

When I was active, the bro. giving the public talk was supposed to count the time. That's why it's called a PUBLIC talk, whereas parts on service meetings and in the TheoMin. school were not to be counted.

Obey and be blessed, brother!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I always counted my time for giving a public talk. Syme, I never thought of your good idea of taking an unbaptized publisher. I wish I knew about that earlier. Hospitality of always a good bonus for giving a public talk in an outside cong.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You betcha!

• blondie
    blondie

It is in black in white in the WT publications that brothers giving public talks can count their time..........

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Hey, pioneers count all their time when they take unbaptized ones shopping...and to and from the meetings...and I daresay a few count all the time at the meeting as well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I did, but did you also count your preparation time? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit