What do you like about K Halls?

by philo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one who pulled those little black plastic things out. I put 'em back in too.
    My old KH (which was actually rather new) was awful. There was a big ruckus over the decorating. And of course the PO's spoiled wife got to do it. Truly awful. Bedroom curtains with ruffles behind the podium. A large oak dining room table for the sister's to give talks at. Oak high back chairs that made the sister's look like Lily Tomlin in Laugh In. Wallpaper that belonged in a house on the bottom and scuffed up paint at the top. The elders kids were out of control, they did things like kick their shoes off real high and hit the wall. I saw it with my own eyes. I always threatened to get a rubber chicken and throw it on the table. You could have a bed and breakfast on the platform. The unlovely wallpaper was green, and the carpet was brown with peach chairs.
    She moved out, and it can only get worse because now the next PO and his tasteless wife are in charge. Whatever. I always thought it a poor representation.
    TW
    P.S Also on the platform with all the oak was a wing back chair with cherry colored legs. Go figure!

Edited by - Thinkers Wife on 21 February 2001 15:42:3

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

TW,

The elders kids were out of control, they did things like kick their shoes off real high and hit the wall.

We'll have to forgive the kids - they were probably bored silly.

Happy to be Free (Me)

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Hey, I thought this thread was locked????

pseudo

Opps, ignore this. I was trying to do something that I was not suppose to do, and apparently it didn't work.

Edited by - pseudoxristos on 18 September 2002 3:7:55

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

I just moved to Arroyo Grande, California about a year ago, and I havn'r been inside the KH here yet. I have driven by it though, and allthough it is huge and impressive looking on the outside there almost no windows to be seen. I guess the strawberry field across the street would be to distracting.

Anton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit