How did you find the truth about the truth (TTATT)

by Maat13 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

I grew up and got old enough to get out. It never made sense (the teachings, prophecies, etc.), but when I saw the two-faced double-lifers, you know drunk elders, pioneer friends having premarital sex, stuff like that, I *really* knew it was just all lies ........... so, my answer to the OP is, 'when I reached the age of reason'.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Someone I spoke with going door to door got me thinking when he was talking about 1975 and told me to look it up. Then I just started to google more about JWs in general and here I am. It freeing to know all this info, but too sucks knowing all this is a sham. I have to stay in due to family. Lucky for me I'm fairly young and not even in my late 20's yet. I feel for those that find this out after living over half their lives. Thank you internet.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

When I did research on earthquakes to prove the claim of an increase as stated in the outline of the public talk I was preparing. Then I saw videos from ex-gilead missionary Lance Goller. I saw what was behind the curtain.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

When (in 2006 when I was 24) I decided to research about the JW's beliefs.

I started with Babylon The Great in Wikipedia, and the rest is history...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There's no question that the inter-net is the most potent enemy of the WTS. now then ever in its entire history.

The age of information exposing what is the real Truth concerning the Watchtower Publishing house.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I could never understand the teaching that God was going to kill every one that was not JW. I was pondering this and thinking If I left my family and moved away several thousand miles and then wrote them a letter to keep loving me and if you do I'll someday come back and if i think you loved me the whole time I will reward you. I knew that in all reality that my family would eventually just say to themselves "pissoff dad you loser". Anyway at this same time I was in a different state 3000 miles away from family and going to a DC and the GB member is giving a talk about not knowing the day or the hour and while at bethel in 1975 he was viewed as an apostate by all the other bethelites because he didnt believe 1975 would be the year. While I'm sure everyone else was sleeping through this talk I was thinking "oh my god he just admitted that ones at bethel also thought 75 was it" it wasnt an rogue elder or speaker here or there saying this stuff like we were told.

So I went into research mode, looking at the subject first of the Anointed. When I read in a WT that elders could have as much holyspirit as an anointed one, the scales started falling off my eyes. I came home and started a study with a friend, he wanted to study the book of revelations not the revelation climax book. So while reviewing the climax book for the study of the bible book before the study I found it very hard to swallow all the crap they taught in that book. Finally while researching the bible and reading a bible at 2001translation.org and some of thier thoughts I focused on the subject of the mediator. Reality set in that the JW leaders were with holding Jesus for themselves and exalting themselves as mediator over the congregation. That was the last straw!!!

• Ding
    Ding

Tapes by Walter Martin and Bill and Joan Cetnar.

• sarah-is-free
    sarah-is-free

sixscreens of the watchtower..

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

Crazyguy... the Revelation Climax book is an abomination of desolation.

I, myself, have been "out of the truth" for about 18 years, since I was 15. I was born-in from birth. Doing the little sister talks, etc. starting around 5-6 years old. The elders in the cong were seriously impressed with me at age 3, because I had the Bible books memorized. When I was little, I can remember feeling so special and accomplished for that. Pathetic, I know. I really can't remember exactly what started it all, but I knew then that something wasn't right. It was a bit later in life that I actually started really researching. When I was a teenager, I just kinda faded. I don't guess the elders thought I was a good enough witness, because they didn't bother trying to bring me back.

I always hated the bullying and taunting, as a little kid, at school because of not celebrating holidays, and having to go sit in the hall if the class was doing something for one. Also the taunting from not saluting the flag, or taunting because I couldn't go to school sports events, or even participate in them. On top of the school kids doing it, all the kids at the KH were total jerks to me too. I had a really tough childhood, and my dad was DF when I was about 10. The kids really treated me badly after that, because of my dad doing something bad enough for the DF. But anyway, I just kinda faded. My mom wasn't really around much at that time. She also faded, and did her own thing. So, I never saw her often enough for her to care whether or not I went to meetings. Now...she's more indoctrinated than ever before. When I was in my early 20s, I really thought about going back for a very short amount of time (family pressure). I went to a couple of meetings then, and if I remember correctly, I heard something from a WT study that was way, way wrong. I started researching. And the rest is history. Except...I still try really hard to get my family away from it. Hasn't worked yet.

• Maat13
    Maat13

It so encouraging to hear from others who are now 'Awake'...pun intended. I'm hoping I can find a way to enlighten others as well. It's a slow process..

Faithful Witness said " Accidental exposure to apostates on the John Ankerberg Show on YouTube"

I watched that show several months back...it's certainly is an eye opener.

One question however, what is "six screens of the watchtower"?

Maat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit