How did you find the truth about the truth (TTATT)

by Maat13 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maat13
    Maat13

I am sure there has been a post about this subject, however being a recent addition to the network I don't know how to do a search. And I'm sure new folks have joined since then. :-)

I am really curious of how others came to know TTATT.

For me is was a real bad experience with one elder after another. They unfortunately did a poor job of handling a matter within my household. It became obvious to me that these men were not appointed by Holy Spirit. So I started to question EVERYTHING that came from the platform. And well, here I am. Specifically for me it was the mediator issue. I couldnt understand why Christ was not the mediator, but these elders were. It all makes sense now.

Maat

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

One word: INTERNET!

• Londo111
    Londo111

It was an October 2011 Watchtower on 607 BC that got me researching.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My husband was an elder for four years, that's how we found out. In shock and disbelief at how elders behave we prayed to Jehovah for help to tell us what was going on in his organization. After that we went to the library and looked in the religion section. I can't remeber what we thought we were looking for, possibly Bible encyclopedias. We found Crisis of Conscience and that was that.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I stumbled upon an apostate book(The Watchtower Files by Duane Mangini) in a used bookstore. I was already having serious doubts, so my mind was far more predisposed to reading it. It led me to other books, and eventually this website.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Two elders sitting in my home telling me that school was a waste of time and that I should be spending all that time in service. Though I had checked lout years before, I happen to look in the religion section of the library, checked out CoC, read it, and that was all she wrote.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I had my own suspicions as a teenager that things weren't quite right with this organization.

But it wasn't until I started researching on the web that my suspicions were validated.

I Googled "Jehovah's Witness" and started reading. Rick Feron's YouTube about how he was disfellowshipped was eye opening. Lady Lee's video on what is a cult also helped. Thanks to JWN, I learned about jwfacts.com and Ray Franz's book "Crisis of Conscience" which I purchased and read.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I found out the truth about the truth by looking at the calander.

One day it said January 1, 1976.

Before that I lived through the 50's, 60's and 70's as a Jw.

• Batman89
    Batman89

six screens of the watchtower website

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Read books on it. But it was all you guy's talking about it that really helped. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit