Does Christianity Need The Bible

by Mat 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

I have already supplied plenty of evidence on this forum

Then provide a link please.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Where is the proof jesus said anything? Any links? Anyone? Try not to say;..because so an so said so !!

Remember the concious method of reasoning which you are now utilising knocks ancient NON ...SENSE into a cocked hat

TRY USING IT !!!

• cofty
    cofty

Abe - Please provide a link to the "plenty of evidence" you have posted previously. Thanks

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Abe - Please provide a link to the "plenty of evidence" you have posted previously. Thanks

Cofty,

Here you go:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/32763/posted/13

abe

• Terry
    Terry

Let's take a quick look at history of the Christian church. . .

BEFORE Constantine legalized Christianity, it consisted of many and varied groups with differing orthodoxies.

That was 300 years of disagreement, sects, outright fights with one another and controversy PLUS the persecution from Rome.

The Apostles were dead before the year 100 C.E. rolled around.

What was the Christian church (Universal i.e. catholic) which developed was AUTHORITY from two sources:

1. The imprimatur of the Emperor (Constantine)

CONSTANTINE sought unity.

He actually thought bringing the various parties together might lead to that. The Apostles' CREED was voted in and enforced.

2. The doctrine of MAGISTERIUM (whatever the Church says is true becomes true with a "rubber stamp" from heaven itself.)

Magisterium was the tradition (i.e. legend or myth or truth) Peter was the first vicar (fill-in or substitute) for Christ. Peter was said to

have been given the "keys of the kingdom" and that alone was enough.

For 2,000 years the "doctrines" of the Church were developed by philsophers such as Augustine and Aquinas who got all their ideas from

stealing the methodology from Aristotle and their mysticism from Plato (i.e. Neo-Platonism.)

The Bible had very little to do with everyday worship which consisted of attending MASS (what JW's call The Lord's Evening Meal) and confession.

After Greek (the international language of civilization) gave way to the more vulgar LATIN, the majority of Catholics (who could not read anyway)

got accustomed to hearing gibberish (Latin) and simply assumed it was from the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have strikingly similar view of the GOVERNING BODY (Magisterium) who have the authority to pronounce NEW LIGHT and determine what is fit and proper to belief and teach. (Food at the proper time.)

JW's try to take advantage of their own shocking expose' of the corruption of the Bible and Catholic teaching to reel in converts.

However, the ignorant are still easily duped no matter what is used.

• cofty
    cofty

Abe - That was a link to all threads you have ever posted to.

You obviously have nothing or you would be delighted to link to it. I thought as much.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Abe - That was a link to all threads you have ever posted to.

Cofty -

Overwhelmed?

Maybe you didn't understand what I said above:

"The overwhelming amount of evidence drives any thought of scepticism beyond reasonable limits."

What Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit