Does Christianity Need The Bible

by Mat 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

YOU people are the type that would turn America into a Communist land..where YOU can MAKE others do as YOU want them to do, ... etc

Appreciate the sentiments, but did you mean to write ?-

YOU people are the type that would turn America into a Christian land..where YOU can MAKE others do as YOU want them to do, and KILL the very thing that makes the country what it is....INTERACTIONS.

After all, wasn't that what the early Christians did? Destroying the religious buildings of other faiths, and forbidding the practise of non-Christian religion.

Guess, I should LGBT people of America, for glowing reports on the tolerance that evangelical Christians show them.

• Mat
    Mat

conflama, why so angry? Some people simply don't like pushy salesmen. I don't either. There is not need to go all "Mccarthy witch-hunt" about it.

• cofty
    cofty

comflama - this isn't America. It is an international forum and many of us could not care less about the land of the fearful.

On the topic - There are a growing number of people who want ot keep the bits of the bible they like and distance themsleves from the OT. It is a dishonest venture. Jesus adored the god of the OT and taught his followers to do the same. "You must love the lord your god with all your heart...."

Jesus was a Jew, steeped in OT tradition and loyal to every word of it. You can't have Jesus meek and mild without vengeful Yahweh.

Ablebodieman - you have no historical perspective.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Commercial interactions do not make this country America! America is basically a country with British ideals transformed by distance from Britain. Our const'n makes us America. The right to vent goes back at least as far as the Magna Carta. The right to privacy is an important common law right. A public sidewalk is one thing and a person's home is another thing. With the massive loss of privacy, knocking on doors is no longer viewed as noble work.

I doubt if you can name one American right. No one here is a communist. Marxism is not so bad.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Fulltime Student,

The OT was canonized around the same period as the NT. Jesus would not have had access to most of the OT material. Of course, he would know the Torah and the Psalms. Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel. There was one minor prophet but I can't recall the name.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Ablebodieman - you have no historical perspective.

Cofty,

I have access to all the same information that you do.

I read what the athiests, agnostics, fundamentalists, humanists, scientists, intellectuals, conspiracy theorists, new agers, Catholics, Protestants, "higher critics", historians, the people on this forum (including you), other forums and also what the Watchtower Bible and Tract society have to say.

I do read all the stuff the Watchtower doesn't want people to read!

Yet, my perspective is still completely different to yours.

What Jesus Christ said would happen, is REALLY HAPPENING!

That is a good thing, in my perspective.

abe

• cofty
    cofty

What Jesus Christ said would happen, is REALLY HAPPENING!

No it REALLY isn't. You can't see the wood for the trees. Your perspective is the same as the Watchtower on that topic.

Every generation, including Jesus' own generation, has been 100% convinced theirs was the special one.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Your perspective is tha same as the Watchtower on that topic.

Cofty

If the Watchtowers perspective was the same as mine there wouldn't be a Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

What Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

I'm a sceptic.

The overwhelming amount of evidence drives any thought of scepticism beyond reasonable limits.

A person has to either ignore or write off so many evidences with equally as many lame arguments as the one you used above, that it is entertaining for me.

abe

• cofty
    cofty

Ablebodiedman - Not one single thing that Jesus said is coming true in any unique sense in this generation.

The onus is on you to supply evidence to support your extraordinary claim.

You are the very opposite of a skeptic.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Ablebodiedman - Not one single thing that Jesus said is coming true in any unique sense in this generation.

The onus is on you to supply evidence to support your extraordinary claim.

You are the very opposite of a skeptic.

Cofty,

I have already supplied plenty of evidence on this forum.

The onus is on you to ignore it.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit