A silly thought on freewill...

by new hope and happiness 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Snowbird...Terry got me thinking on the thought of freewill. He said in a post many months ago when we fall in love we cant help it. This is true for young children they fall in love and cant help it.

As to your question, thats for another post.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Okay, New Hope.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I remember a bible passage I thought was wise because it asked the question: `what do you have that you did not receive?` This seems to apply to everything including personality and all the choices that come as a result of one instead of another. No one chose their personality.

• ballistic
    ballistic

We all construct our world internally and it's subject to our interpretation, even if we were able to measure it's quantum state (which is impossible)

so at some level, we are creating our reality, so to say that we have no will to act over it doesn't make sense in that context.

Just to explain why I say that; because if we have no free will, then we have no ability to choose actions with our mind over a world constructed by our mind.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Might be so but imposible to prove.

• snowbird
    snowbird

1 Corinthians 4: 7 What is so special about you? What do you have that you were not given? ... Contemporary English Version

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

thats my point does 02 oxygen proove freewill doesnt exist?

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

In order to swim under water, I hold my breath. That's freewill and training. I taught my body to take deep breaths ahead of time (slowly but deeply), then I go all the way to the bottom of a creek or pool, and swim as far as I like. I come to the surface and exhale first, and that is self taught. It is both quiet and efficient: it shocks the crap out of people that someone who stays under water for long minutes at a time can surface like a ninja and not be gasping for air after the fact.

Free will is also not eating enough or eating too much, exercising enough or not at all. I used to swim, bike, run... you name it... for miles and miles on end. Being lean, thin and muscular as a woman had some other women at the KH theorizing for a time that I actually had worms! Jesus. Talk about putting the cart before the horse. Actually getting to know me first would've helped.

That's the beauty of life. You can make it what you want. You can even blame everything that is bad on external sources. The only person you have genuine control over is yourself.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We have control over ourselves only to a certain degree.

For example, we can do nothing to alter the aging/dying process.

So, I would say that free will is relative.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

we need the rain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit