The True Nature of Shunning

by done4good 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
  • done4good
    done4good

only me -I believe it's the people behind the GB that are the ones who know the techniques and are implementing them using the GB. I think the GB know it is not the truth but they are controlled by someone else. Just my thoughts, no proof, but it makes sense to me.

I understand that, and this is where I have come to understand it is just not that simple. Too many questions actually go unanswered with that view. For starters, it pretty much makes most of what Ray Franz wrote about in CoC regarding the nature of the GB untrue. Since I have had personal exchanges with him when he was still alive, I trust what he says. This is why we see a common recurring theme on these boards surrounding the issue "does the GB really believe?". That fact is, basically, yes they do, as do the R&F.

Secondly, when several lines of evidence are considered it is the only answer that meets all of the criteria. This is beyond the scope of what can be written about in a few paragraphs on a message board, but the more someone understands about our own psychological makup, social interactions, history, etc., the better we can see how this can happen. In short, no one can accept their life is a big lie that easily. The bigger the lie, the harder it is to accept that change needs to take place, and proportionally, the more committed one becomes to that lie.

d4g

• BU2B
    BU2B

My wife did the same thing. She cried, "why dont you just leave me then!" She ran out of the front door, only to return with my parents in tow.. Lovely isnt it?

I have been more judicious since then.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Those behind the GB are controlling the org...

My thoughts exactly.

Who is behind the org? Well who founded the JW's? Who created so many rules and created it as a religion?

A LAWYER

THAT is who is running the org. I fully believe it. I fully believe they profit big time from it. Just look at how many lawsuits they must handle every single year, either defense or offence.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I once met and stayed in the home as a guest of a brother who was a retired lawyer (litigation) and had served at bethel for three years doing legal work voluntarily.

He had very interesting things to say, but boy do I wish I could have asked more. That was like 20 years ago or more. I was too naive then to know any better.

We went in service together the following day and he said that the field ministry wasn't for the householders - it was for the witnesses. That statement never really clicked until recently.

There is no telling what i could have learned from that man. He is probably dead now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit