You know your an ex J-Dub when...

by Batman89 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Well, I know I am an ex JW because I still marvel at Peeps that aren't stale. Fresh ones are a revelation.

Of course, I still look forward to after holiday candy reductions.

I still have fleeting thought about the use of the word "lucky" or "god bless you"

I still appreciate Thanksgiving and the fourth of July like no one else (my fave holidays)

I have a huge bunch of things to NEVER discuss with my JW mom

My sis and I have a lot of discussions about keeping our mom's religion out of our kids experience.

I thank God every day for my journey out of it. I also thank God every day for what I learned while in it-good or bad, it is part of my life and I hope that ultimately-I'm improved by that part, too.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

When your work mates throw you a suprise birthday party and it's the first one you've ever attended in your life let alone ever celebrated of your own.

You still get giddy with delight on meeting nights and on Sunday mornings just realizing that you don't have to go.

When you drive by the stadium where the District Assembly is being held and realize how small and insignificant that little JW world is.

All the suits you have hanging in the closet have dust on the shoulders.

You realize how judgemental and closed minded you've been taught to be about so many things and you start marveling at the good that people can accomplish and how strong, charitable and good so many people are just because they want to be.

You put lights on your house at Christmas just because they brighten up the dreary winter and you hope a JW drives by and sees them.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When you cant make up your mind if your going to the memorial or not and if you go you have to partake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit