Jesus Christ rule since 1914 , what has he accomplished .

by smiddy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Did Russell move/suggest Rutherford become the next pres? - Vanderhoven

No. He left control of the Watchtower to a panel of people he stipulated in his will. He also wrote up a reserve list in case anybody was unable to serve from his first list. Rutherford was mentioned as a reserve. Russell stipulated that nobody was to serve as a head of the organisation after his death and that no more books were to be published EVER.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The people who did not stand up to Rutherford are as guilty as Rutherford. I would love to know how my family decided to stay with Rutherford. It caused a split in the family. Funerals directors should not be seen with "Religion is a snare and racket signs."

• galaxie
    galaxie

Emeth,...c'mon now , do you REALLY think jesus/ jehovah would want you to use this site which is chalk full of apostates if they were on your side? I don't think so.You better start praying for guidance......OR you could wake up and smell the coffee , it's a nice world if you look for it.

Best wishes

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

He was nice enough to give us Hogies and Shasta colas, for a time. Hail the Theocracy Ever Increasing!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Well, for one thing, he really confused the heck out of millions of people regarding the meaning of the word: "generation."

Well done, JC! What's your next trick?

• Mat
    Mat

81 years after his enthronement (1995) Jesus chose to reveal to his Faithfull and Discreet Slave that they should interperate the "generation" prophesy in Matthew 24 as a vague description of general destruction falling on a wicked people, rather than a motivational indicator that this followers must not invest in decent careers and education! This revelation was greatfully recieaved by all his faithfull!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, he accomplishing quite a bit according to my sources. The Walkhill remodel will be done in 1.5 years and the Warwick projest in 3 years. Of course, they need 30,000 volunteers to finish. They especially need young people. Auto-CAD is highly valued, so young lurkers, if you want to go to Bethel..learn Auto-CAD. The WTBTS is buying up hotels and apartment building in Warwick because the volunteers have nowhere to stay! Hmmm?? I wonder what will be done with those buildings after the volunteers go home to their ordinary lives? $$$$$!!!!!

What else... apparently anyone who does not want to be killed by Jesus had better be humble and submit to Jehovah's the GB's authority, according to the ignorant WT lesson for today. Yep..submit in all aspects of life or you don't qualify for Panda Paradise... Oh yeah, Jehovah is our refuge. How? Does he remove your problems?? No. Does he physically save you? No. He gives you Holy Spirit, so you can cope.. Yeah, life sucks, but you have to fight through the low points. Just throw your burdens on him, and don't worry about it. Keep trying and things will work out. Hmmm?? Sounds like something that any human can do, even atheists.. So what does Jehovah actually do?

I guess Jesus had CTR make the Photo-drama. It presented "scientific knowledge" of the times..so there's that... Chickens in Myanmar seem to be doing well. Humans are dying all over the place so that the Universal Truth of Jehovah's right to rule can be vindicated. He is going to abyss Satan pretty soon. That way humans can live without his influence for 1,000 years. WHY wasn't that done at the beginning?!?! I magine where man would be if GOD had sent Jesus in human form right after the rebellion in Eden. There was only Adam and Eve, right?? GOD could have sent Jesus and said, " Alright A-holes.. I have to kick you out. To balance the scales of justice, Jesus here is going to be sacrificed. Not really though, cause I am going to raise him up in three days...

WOW!! Imagine the wisdom of doing that in the beginning!! Mankind would have been spared thousands of years of bloodshed and suffering!! The "thousand year reign" could have still happened. Instead of letting evil loose upon humanity again, GOD could just leave SATAN in death-like inactivity forever!! How easy that would have been!! Then perfect humans could have written a perfect record of the events at Eden! We wouldn't need to flawed Bible today! Also, we would still exist because GOD could use predestination! Oh, well..instead we all have to suffer so that GOD's unknowable and unpreserved name/street-cred can be vindicated. This means suffering and death for untold milllions, but GOD gets to be right!

So alot has been accomplished since 1914! I hear that the Jw.org facility is getting a new fancy/modern office. Also, the Movie department is working on 60+ projects for this coming year! It sure sounds like the END is right around the corner!! Volunteer you free labor today!!!

DD

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I dipped my toe into this debate with my JW wife a few days ago, she is becoming irritated with the constant demands of the cult on her time, but the doctrine still has a hold on her.

I pointed out that the last days would not last 100 years. They would be a few years at most, especially if they are holding to their vision of the last days being like those in 70 CE. I pointed out that Jeebus would not be sitting on his ass, doing nothing, if indeed he was watching some of the stuff going on here on earth. I left it at that, it was the first time in six months we had a religious/doctrinal discussion.

Silence.

I hope she is thinking it through, but meh-morial season whips these JWs into such a frenzy. I'm waiting for the ensuing hangover.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit