How do you get through the memorial?

by Gorbatchov 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

no offense Gorby....it's easy for me...I just don't go. Mrs Kensei asked me tonite if I was going and I said "no" she said ok...She is awesome...but really..she knows that I could not go knowing what I know. I don't go and I never will. I am one of those faders who just stopped....like slamming on the brakes. I know the gossip is flying...but.. well F-them..

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Go at the last minute, sit in the back, bring your smart phone or daydream during the talk, leave the minute it is over. Or, you could have the wine and bread and get everyone talking, I always wanted to do that. Think of it like a doctor's visit, a necessary evil.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"The annual refusal to do what Jesus asked us to do ? Eat this bread and drink this wine, in remembrance of me,"

Jesus didn't ask us to do anything. And we can't remember him because we were not there to know him. We read stories of him. And since we can continue to read storie, there is nothing to remember. He told the 11 to do that because there were no stories of his life to remind them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anyone ever heard of void meditation? If you are going to do this, the REJECT Astaroth Party is a good place. There is nothing worth listening to going on, and if you simply must go, I recommend trying void meditation. You just fake look up the scriptures, while trying to block out the whole program. While passing the crackers and spoiled grape juice, you pay it no attention. Do not sing the songs. Do not listen to the prayers. Do not say Amen to the prayers. You might try visualizing a major disaster--a whole bottle of wine spilled on the carpet, zero donations, having the electricity cut off abruptly while the backup system goes dead, or the podium dumping and being busted. You could also try comparing the whole platform to communism instead of paying attention to the talks--it will probably break whatever spell they have on you.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I concentrate real hard on what is being said and NOT said. Listening for spin and untruths.

When that fails or I get too agitated, I look at the people and try to figure out why THEY are there.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I will meditate deeply about lying next to a scantily clad Eva Mendez....there that will do nicely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit