How do you get through the memorial?

by Gorbatchov 25 Replies latest jw friends

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Just eat the bread and drink the wine. They'll never bother you about going again ;)

Joking of course. Last one I went to I just stuck a readers digest in my bible and read that.

• SAHS
    SAHS

LOL at “Viviane”! Now that is a good holistic remedy which works wonders when stuck at the old Kingdumb Hell. It does tend to put everything in a better perspective.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I take on the role of interested observer. At the memorial you are going to see the submarine witnesses, the prodigal children, and all sorts of fringe studies that you don't see the rest of the year. The elders are busy gladhanding at the beginning and the end, and for the rest of the time you are left alone in your seat.

The public talk, encouraging all to pass on by the emblems, is the hardest for me to take. That's right, pass over but don't partake in the sacred memory of Jesus' sacrifice. Prove yourself all anti-Christians.

• SAHS
    SAHS

And here is another effective remedy – which can also be combined with the above remedy to be ‘applied directly to mouth as needed’ – good old earplugs!

Memorial Earplugs

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The annual refusal to do what Jesus asked us to do ?

Eat this bread and drink this wine, in remembrance of me,

so you all get together and REFUSE to do that ?? Charming.

This has got be the most depressing Ritual every invented by any Church.

Publicly declaring, NO we are NOT part of the body of Christ. We think he

is an Angel, and we pray in his name, which to pray to an Angel is idolatry

but nothing compared to the Idolatry of thinking the Governing Body is the

"sole channel of communication between man and God" and we invented this

"faithful and discret slave "class" and think its eight magical men. So we all

get together, file in, and refuse to do, what Jesus commanded us to do.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I usually provide the wine, but buy two bottles, one for me and one for the service.

• twice shy
    twice shy

All please check your PM's. I have only one more message left for today and wanna go out with a bang. I am new, but have been reading posts and archives for months.

To not partake may be insulting to them, the witnesses, followers of man; MAN, but to know better because you have since then learned better is to deny the sacrifice Christ made on behalf of all mankind because the scriptures clearly say "do this in remberance of me".

Yes, I can see where most would rather still disappoint man but, Christ the one that really matters: its okay to continue to deny him. Would the witnesses even recognize Christ if he actually appeared? Would they turn their noses up to him if he wore late to a meeting or Didn't put in XXXX amount of hours in service or Wasnt dressed properly for the meeting because you know the slave doesnt teach come as you are or if he showed love or compassion for a depressed, or disfellowshipped person? Would they dismiss him and miss out on his presece because they would rathere adhere to thier dogmatic scribes and pharisees views?

Plus they keep announcing in my relatives and acquaintances halls that this may be the last Memorial. What's that all about? Does anyone know?

I can't say how I would get throught it as it will be my first without the veil over my eyes.

• BU2B
    BU2B

look to see who is dressed the skimpiest.. Think about boobs, beer, and the nfl draft.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I am not going for the first time this year. The backlash from family is going to be hell, but it would make me feel physically ill to attend.

I think by attending you give them false hope that you still might come back, or some might think you still "know it's the truth" but are just a spiritually weak individual.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I deal with it quite simply: a chocolate milk, stirred, not shaken, with the spoon left in the cup.

But seriously though, if you've got an iPod, not a bad idea to bring it and turn it on. That got me through the last convention, just barely.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit